Sunday, April 8, 2012

Cookies, Cookies Everywhere!

I can't believe its been two months since my last post but that's about how long it has been. Things have been so busy around here with the house and work. I am so looking forward to Summer vacation. The last day of school is May 17th! Yay Me!


Another reason I have been missing is that I decided to try my hand at the cookie/baking business again. I had been trying to craft for extra cash to make ends meet but just never seemed to make anything that anyone has been interested in.


Its been about a month now and so far I have been pretty busy. People seem to like my cookie bouquets and individual cookies. I guess its because they are different and nobody around this area does them.


My first bouquet was this birthday gift for the daughter of a friend at work.



It was a hit!


My next break was for a local newscaster that I had met three years ago when she did the story on the hubby and I when we were going through Foreclosure. She told me that she thought my work was fantastic and wanted to see me succeed. She ordered an bouquet for Easter and I brought her a platter of cookies to share with others that worked in the station.



I did this cute platter of Lady Bugs. I think these are one of my favorite cookie designs!


Friday I had an order for 10 bouquets for Easter. The lady was giving them as gifts to family and her children instead of Easter baskets.


The look on her face was priceless, when she saw them all in the back of my Jeep. It almost made me cry. lol



I have also been doing a few cakes for the gals at work and now thinking about getting into cupcakes and other 'sweet treats'. Its always been my dream to have my own shop and hopefully this is the beginning of it coming true.


I have been advertising on Facebook so if your interested, you may want to check out

' Deb's Sweet Treats' .


Right now I am working on a special order for a friend I use to work with, years ago. Her boyfriend works for the Kansas City Royals and she wanted to send him something special for opening day on the 13th. I had to get permission from the Royals to do it and thankfully they gave it to me so hopefully I will get them out to him bright and early tomorrow morning.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really have missed everyone and will try to make time to post more often. I have always loved blogging and hope to post more and catch up!


Take Care,

*hugs*

Debbie K







5 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie,
    Happy Easter to you! Thanks for stopping by.
    Your cookie venture looks awesome! What a great alternative to flowers. I wish you all the best with this and I will definitely keep this gift idea in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie,
    Your cookies are awesome!! Such talent you have!! I wish you great success!!
    Hugs,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb!
    Hope you had a wonderful Easter!!!
    Your cookies are wonderful and look so yummy!!!
    I hope you have much success ~ don't give up ~ keep pushing forward and follow your dreams.
    Welcome back!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Debbie, I wish huge success in your awesome endeavor in your cookie and cupcake business.
    You are going to be great and so will your business. I just can feel it in my bones.
    Big hugs and many Blessings
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you the best - you are definitely a talented baker/artist and oh...such patience..beautiful work..I am forwarding your blog to my daughter..she she has 2 kids and is all the time baking something to take to their school. Can't wait until your next posting!
    You are goint to be a busy lady filling orders.

    Smiles and hugs
    Maxie

    ReplyDelete