Friday, November 4, 2011

The Mercy



The Mercy
by
Beverly Lewis

Book Three of 'The Rose Trilogy'

Two Amish sisters yearning for new beginnings.

Hen cares for her injured husband, uncertain what the future holds.

Rose welcomes a second chance at love when she least expects it. Is she finally able to give her whole heart?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was the first novel by Beverly Lewis that I have read and while it was well, written book I felt a little lost for not having read the previous two.

Hen had given up her Amish ways for her English husband. In the previous book, he was in an accident that left him blind and he and Hen are back living with the plain folk while he is recuperating. Throughout the book you are left wondering what was going to happen between those two... Would they divorce and go their separate ways or would they reconcile and live a plain life.

Rose on the other hand is living with her parents and helping care for her invalid Mother. Rose has apparently broken off an engagement with Silas, but pines secretly for Nick, the adopted son of the Bishop. She begins dating Issac in the story who seems to be a 'filler' character to me as we just catch a brief glimpse now and then.

This book was good but I would highly recommend that you read the first two. I felt like there were holes in the story that I would of understood if I had read them first.

There are seemed to be a lot more bible references in this book compared to other Amish stories I have read but I did not mind them. I would give this book three out of five stars.

A copy of this book was given to me by Bethany House in exchange for my honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment