Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Wonder of Your Love


The Wonder of Your Love
by
Beth Wiseman


Katie Ann lost the love of her life.
Then God offers her a new beginning in Colorado.


Katie Ann Stoltzfus lives in the small Amish community of Canaan, Colorado. At forty sh is widowed and raising her first child. But baby Jonas will never know his father, and Katie Ann wonders if her Heavenly Father hasn't forgotten about her as well. Is it really God's plan for her to be a single parent?

Eli Detweiler has come to Canaan for a wedding and a long vacation. Having raised six children following the death of his young wife, Eli is finally an empty-nester. He's enjoying the slower pace of having no one to care for but himself.

When Katie Ann and Eli meet there is an instant connection. Yet as strong as the attraction is, they both acknowledge that a romance would never work. He is done parenting, while she has just begun. But as their friendship slowly blossoms into feelings that are as frightening as they are intoxicating, Katie Ann and Eli question if the plans they made for themselves are in line with God's plan.

Can Katie Ann entrust her heart to another man, and rediscover the wonder of God's love?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have always been fascinated with the Amish way of life and just recently begun reading some Amish fiction. This is the first of Beth Wiseman novels that I have read and I absolutely loved it.

The characters in this book seemed so real and I felt that I could too could also feel the heartache Katie Ann was going through as a new mother and widow. Watching her heart open up to Eli and learning to trust again after the betrayal she suffered by her husband and Eli realizing how he wanted both Katie Ann and Jonas in his life. Neither of them seem to be able to fight the attraction that they both feel for each other.

I also enjoyed getting to know the other characters in the book such as Martha and Danielle. I find myself wanting to know what was going on with them too. I think there is a book in that story also!

All in all the book was one of the best I have read and I was so sorry to see it come to an end. I would definitely recommend it!

I was given this book by BookSneeze in exchange for my honest opinion.







3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good book to read. I also love reading Amish fiction and I needed a new one to read, Thanks for sharing.
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good read. Thanks for sharing!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful book!I will be sure to look for it.Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete