Saturday, September 3, 2011

Remember Me????


I can't believe I have not blogged in over a month and a half. I have no excuse except life seemed to keep getting in the way all summer long. I had such big plans to spend my summer vacation crafting and working on making some things for my Etsy Shoppe but did not get done close to what I wanted to finish.

Most of my time was spent taking care of the house, hubby and keeping up with the Prim Pals Forum. Now, school is back in session and I am already counting down the days till Christmas Vacation! *laughing*

I did manage to get a few items made though....

I got this thing for pinwheels and made this little table topper. I also cut out a runner and a lap quilt too of the same pattern. They will look nice once I get them all finished.


I found a charm pack called 'Bella Citrus' and just fell in love with the bright orange, green and blues.


Right now, I have about half a dozen tops pieced together, just need to find backing and put them together and get them quilted.

I also had to do a little work with felt and make a few candle mats for the fall.

There is this one for Halloween....

Then this one for Fall.....


We did a 'Choose Your Own Medium' challenge over at Prim Pals last month. We were given a scarecrow pattern and allowed to make it into whatever we desired.
I decided to work with felt and this is what I made.

I am really happy with it how it turned out.

The next project was a tree skirt that I wanted to do for Fall. I had been wanting to do a little painting so I decided to paint a Fall design on it.

The picture doesn't show it, but I tea-stained it and then quilted around the painting.

It looks perfect around my tree. Now I just need to make some new ornies for it.

Thanks for taking a look and please know that I really missed you all. I promise to try and do better. I hope you all are doing well!

*hugs*
Debbie

6 comments:

  1. Hi, We did miss you, you sure look like you have been busy. I love your quilt projects. Hope you are having a great long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweetie!Ive been bad about posting too!Just get so darn busy.I love all your new goodies youve made!Have a wonderful week!big hugs michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems to be the time of year for people not posting, your not alone.
    Your Items look lovely and at least you are getting things done:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debbie!
    Wonderful to see you here this morning. I have thought about you often but I'm embarrassed to say I just never took the time to email you and check on you! Glad you are doing well and busy like the rest of us.
    Your quilting projects and new candle mats are beautiful.
    Have a restful Sunday.
    Blessings,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful creations Debbie!
    Welcome back to blogland!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is hard to find extra time in the summer, but we did miss you. So it's good to see you again and your lovely handmades.

    ReplyDelete