Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Are You Being Sabotaged?

I know there are a lot of us that do craft shows or inspired to try our hands at doing them and I got to wondering. Do any of you ever feel like your best efforts are being sabotaged?

I personally feel that every time I make plans to just craft, the hubby seems to always come up with something he needs my help with, etc. For instance, I had a four day weekend and planned on getting all my grocery shopping done and parking my Jeep in the driveway and not moving it till I went to work this morning. Well... that didn't happen. I ended up in town almost everyday which just blew any motivation I may have had.

What do you do when this happens to you???? I personally think if you try to run a business, you need to treat it like a business and allot a specific time frame to work. I am beginning to think I actually need to go somewhere 'out of site'.

Anyone have some helpful hints for those of us who are struggling???

I know I would appreciate any advice you can give me.

*hugs and blessings*
Debbie



6 comments:

  1. Debbie,
    the sabotage bandits strike here almost everytime I try to sew for one reason or another I just throw a fit and stand my ground in re : to running this like a business I also find that if I stay up late after everyone goes to sleep I can get more done in an hour or two alone than I can all week , so sometimes its worth foregoing sleep ! Good luck to ya ! hugs lil raggedy angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie!
    I can relate to what you're saying. People think because I am home all the time that I have all kinds of free time to do what ever I want. I have a rule for myself though. Since I'm an early morning person I get my housework done and if I have baking I'd like to do I make sure I do it all before I move on to my crafting. I usually take Thursdays to do banking, shopping and other errands and take the other week days to create the items I sell, leaving the weekends free. But, when my hubby is home or I take the grandsons for a long weekend then I get behind.Time with them is time we'll never get back so I don't mind at all. Hubby sometimes doesn't understand and a few neighbors don't get it at all! I'm a people person and love company but my job at home IS my job! I just have to stress that to them and tell them I'll visit later. Like Angie said, staying up late is sometimes the most productive hours!
    Hope you get the chance to do your thing soon!
    Blessings,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Debs! I work late at night, because between about 9 pm and 12 am, I get a LOT more done. I also set up at least a 3 hour time period, when everyone's home, that I can't be bothered with anything but an emergecy. I also remind the Hubby, that I have to finish projects and add them to my selling blog, to make a profit. That one always works for me. Sometimes I also pay the kids to help me if I'm sanding and staining. That saves me on time. Still, there's a lot to do in a day, I don't always get to work as much as I want to.
    I hope you find yourself a little time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debbie - You are not alone sister. This is where I came up with "The Moonlit Stitch"! I sew by the light of the moon after everyone is in bed. Strong coffee helps! If you have a crafting buddy, take turns going over to each other's house. If you prefer mornings, set the alarm an hour earlier. I had to make a rule that I will only go shopping once on a weekend...it took a year, but finally my husband accepted it! LOL! Good luck! ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be a guy thing!!! My husband does the exact same thing to me. They just don't understand.
    Good Luck on that one ~ get any good advice let me know!!!!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this post because I too have issues getting things done. Whenever I sit down the kids need something. I just need to find time probably early to get up and start ctafting before I get ready for work.

    ReplyDelete