Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The First Gardener




'The First Gardener'
by
Denise Hildreth Jones


This is the first novel I have read from this author and I must say that I found myself being 'sucked into the story' from page one.

Jeremiah is a sweet old man who has been the gardener for the first families of Tennessee, for the past twenty five years. This story is about the way his life, intermingles with Mackenzie London and her husband, Gray, the Governor of the State of Tennessee.

I found myself feeling so connected to these characters and felt myself suffering right along side of them when they find themselves suffering a great loss and then fighting to keep their faith in the midst of such a great tragedy.

I laughed, cried and found myself even saying a little prayer... I highly recommend this wonderful novel.

I would also like to thank Tyndale House Publishing for the complimentary copy of this book in exchange for my honest review of this wonderful novel by Denise Hildreth Jone.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Debbie it sounds like a wonderful book! I love to read stories like this one ,so I will be on the look out for the book.I am not familiar with the author but it sounds like I might just get hooked.LOL! Have a great day,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great read. I had not read anything by her before but will definitely be reading more of her work. I could not put it down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great book sweetie.I will have to check at the library for it!Have a wonderful night!big hugs michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, sounds like a great book. I work at a library and do most of the ordering, I have to get us a copy. Hope you have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you had a book for us, your picks are always good.

    ReplyDelete