Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A New Project and Some Old Ones....

I was part of a 'signature block' swap over at Prim Pals and this week the blocks went out. These are also part of a challenge that we are doing over there. We all contributed one block and now we have six weeks to do something with them. I am so excited to get started working on what I am going to do with them. I think I have an idea of what I want to do but that could still change. There are eighteen of us that participated so it will be fun to see what everyone comes up with.

Sunday I was able to do a little crafting and it felt so good to have the whole day to do just whatever. One of my friends made some of these little felt bunnies like I had done earlier (tutorial can be found over at Cathy's blog, Tolentreasures) and she had embroidered a simply little flower on them. Well I loved that idea so I made a set doing the flower too! I like them so much better than my original set.

Thank you for the idea Kookie!

The next project of the day was pin keeps. Lately I have had a fascination for them and found myself searching for patterns/ideas to make some for myself.

I started with doing a few like these. They were really simple to do.

After I did a few of those, I remembered that I had seen some of these upstairs in the attic when we first moved in.

I brought about a dozen downstairs and washed them up and proceeded to work on making a few of these.

I think it turned out pretty good!

By the time I had to start supper, I ended up with this nice little pile of pin keeps to put in my Etsy shop!

With some luck, I hope to come up with a few more in the upcoming weeks.

If you like making pin keeps and are up to a swap.... check over at Wendy's and sign up for her Pin Keep Swap! She is taking sign ups until the 15th of this month, so hurry on over!

Well... I guess I better get busy! I have so many projects and commitments going on from now until the end of May. My niece is getting married on the 16th of April and I have to make the cake. Once that is finished I will be able to breath a little. I have been so nervous about it. I know things will work out... but I won't stop worrying until its done. *laughing*

Hope you all have a great Wednesday! If your not doing anything this evening... Come chat with us over at the Prim Pal forum. We chat every Wednesday night, 7 pm Central/8 pm Eastern time. We usually have a lot of fun.

*prim hugs and blessings*
Debbie

14 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie,
    Love the pinkeep you did in the galvanized lid. A fellow blogger had a link on her blog for 30+ pincushions, here is the link:
    http://tipnut.com/22-free-pincushion-patterns/
    Maybe you can find some new ones on there.
    Happy crafting & Prim Blessings!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute projects, Debbie ~ love them all! Can't wait for the blocks to arrive ~ yay!
    Hugs
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the link Robin! That is actually an old zinc lid. The lady that owned the house canned big time and never got rid of anything. There are still jars down in the cellar that are dated 1974!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie,
    The pin keeps turned out darling!I hope they sell fast for ya! Am so glad you finally got some time for you and to do what you love! the bunnies are cute I absolutely love mine I got from Kookie she is such a sweetie and Im so loving my famous mouse everyone who stops by trys to steal it ! lol Enjoy your Wed.
    hugs
    lil raggedy angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Debbie~
    Isn't it fun to find the time to "just" do something you want to once in a while? I love your pin keeps!
    Hope you are having a great day and good luck with the wedding cake.
    Blessings,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pinkeeps you made on the jar lid, great idea! I always called them pin cushions, I never heard them called pin keeps. I learned something new today!
    Have a great day.
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I really like those pinkeeps, maybe we can do a pinkeeps swap at Prim Pals one day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, can't wait to see what you come up with for the blocks. Love those pin keeps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pin keeps....and the fabric is absolutely delicious!!! Where did you get it?? I may have to do some easter shopping at your Etsy shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you ladies.... I appreciate all of your kind comments.

    Cyndy.... I think its a great idea and I promise we will do it sometime.

    Tonia... some of the fabrics I have had in my stash for a while but the browns and green were purchased from Hancocks.

    *hugs*
    Debbie K

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmmm how far is Hancocks from your house Sista ? Might have to make a trip there in May ? I can't wait to see the cake. I KNOW your gonna do a FANTASTIC job on it ! Hope your week is off to a GREAT start and you get to have some more "me" time soon. Miss ya' !

    ReplyDelete
  12. TJ.... Hancocks is just a trip into town... maybe 10 miles???? Their open on Sundays too! We can plan a trip for sure! Miss you too!

    *hugs*
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun it will be to see what everyone does with their swap block, cute idea!

    Oh, those felt bunnies are so very sweet, love the adorable little flower!

    Your pinkeeps are wonderful, great job on them! I have some zinc lids to do this also but haven't done it yet. You are way ahead of me, lol! I printed off free instructions from somewhere and will have to hunt them down because I don't remember how to make them. I'm sure yours will sell well, they are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the mason jar lid pincushions! They're so cute. The little pincushions pillows are really cute too!

    ReplyDelete