Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day


I hope you all had a wonderful Valentines Day. Yesterday was the first time in probably six years that I got flowers and I was so proud of him cause he did good for under $10! He even cooked supper. It was a good day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are having a heatwave here. Yesterday it actually hit 60 degrees! Now if we could be rid of the wind it would be wonderful.

Sunday I worked on my blocks for the Prim Pals 'Siggy Block' swap. I finished 20 blocks in about an hour.... then had to sign and date them all. Can we say writers cramp??? I am so excited about doing this swap even though we only ended up with 18 gals signed up. I can't wait to received every one's blocks so I can figure out what I will make with them for the 'challenge' part of the swap. I don't think there will be enough to do a lap quilt but maybe a table runner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, its off to work I go. I am a little excited today because we have a five day weekend coming up. I am looking forward to working on a couple projects.... one being my niece's wedding bouquets. Will be interesting since I have never done any before. Anyone have some helpful sites for me?

Hope you have a great day!
*prim hugs & blessings*

Debbie

6 comments:

  1. Awww, see Debbie, there is potential there in Wendell;) How sweet of him, glad you had a wonderful day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty flowers,also not having to cook is always a blessing! Glad you had a good day.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost fainted when you told me he bought flowers! As for the bouquets when Kelly got married she used oval shaped grapevine wreaths and had flowers down one side of them. Hard to explain but would be easy to do and might work with her camo theme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet hubby!! Glad you are getting some warmth. 85 here yesterday and 77 today. It's wonderful!!
    Have a great evening and enjoy your time off work.
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Five day weekend!!! I would love that! If you have any questions on the bouquets, I would be glad to help if I can. I had a floral shop for many years and have helped out in them since, just email me!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very sweet of Wendell to give you beautiful flowers AND fix you dinner! Wow, what a nice way to get spoiled, lol!

    ReplyDelete