Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Feeling No Pain...


Well yesterday was the day DH was scheduled for his hand surgery. We had to go to the surgery center at 12:30 pm and basically sat there for 45 minutes filling out paperwork and waiting. They finally took him back and then let me come back about 1:30 before they wheeled him into surgery. The poor guy was so nervous I thought he was going to bounce right off the gurney he was on. I also had to smile because he apologized to me for the way he was probably going to be acting. (He is not the best patient) I just smiled at him and said that is okay because he may have to forgive me too when I tell him to 'kiss my grits'! *laughing*

After talking to the doctor and anesthesiologist they wheeled him back for the procedure that took 70 minutes. The doctor came out and told me he did well and that he was prescribing pain medication and an antibiotic. Finally about 4 pm I got to go back and see him and help him get dressed and head home.

This pic was taken about 7 pm, just before I gave him his first pain pill. The smile on his face tells me he must of still been feeling pretty good cause he kept telling me he wasn't feeling any pain yet. I still made him take a pill because it had been four hours since the surgery and I did not want him to be hit with it right off.

Don't you love the neon green cast?

Today he has been doing pretty well and not running me too ragged though he is learning how much he use to take for granted. Poor guy can't even button his jeans without assistance. Lucky for him I am home the rest of the week to play nursemaid.

While I am playing nurse, I hope to get a little crafting done. I finished a couple candle mats for Valentines day that I hope to post in the next day or so... so keep an eye out.

Take Care my friends and stay warm!
*hugs*

Debbie


11 comments:

  1. Speedy recovery to your Hubby...and be patient with him he is only a Man...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it went well for him.Hope you get a little time for yourself too.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your hubby is doing so well, hope you get lots of crafting done. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad it's going well so far and it doesn't look like he's feeling any pain there;) Happy crafting in between nursing:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad it went well and hope he will heal quickly. My favorite color, lime green.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor feller!
    Hope he gets to feeling better....
    Tisha

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad that things went well. Wishing him a speedy recovery.
    Happy crafting between taking care your hubby.
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the Green Cast Fav color... Keep that smile on his face and you should have plenty of time to whip up some crafts...

    prayer for Quick Recovery..

    Blessings
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad that the surgery went so well! Yep - the neon green cast is great - maqybe that's the reason for the big smile!

    I'll be praying for a speedy recovery and plenty of time to craft! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved "kiss my grits" haven't heard that saying in a long time. Praying for a speedy recovery for your hubby..Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad everything went well! I hope you survive the week taking care of him. =]

    ReplyDelete