Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Visit From the Mail Lady!

Yesterday was a stressful day, having to run into town and deal with the people at the courthouse and a caseworker at DCFS (Dept. of Children and Family Services). The bright side of the day was the two packages the mail lady left on my porch!

The first box was from Cyndy over at Crafty Stitchers. She hosted a 'Twelve Days of Christmas' giveaway and I was lucky enough to win this wonderful stocking!

She also enclosed the cute little snowman that I quickly added to my Christmas tree!

Thank you sooooo much Cyndy! I love it all and will treasure it always. If you have not visited Cyndy's blog you have to go check it out. She makes the most wonderful things!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My second box was a total surprise from Karen at 'The Barely There Primitive Bear'.

She sent me this nice little bag of fudge which I promptly hid from my hubby. *laughing*

And these wonderful wax ornies! They are now hanging up on my Christmas tree with all my other wonderful prim ornies!


Thank you so much Karen for such a sweet surprise! I really do appreciate it!
*big hugs*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today I hope to have a much less stressful day than yesterday.

Here in Missouri we have to pay personal property taxes, which we hate. With the way things have been going it wasn't till this week that I realized that we never received our statement from the County Collectors office so we had to run down there and find out what our they would be. It ends up that we now have to come up with $156.00 by the end of the year to pay these on time. Now I have to figure out how to pay these... more than likely it will be late.

Next stop was to the DCFS. We have been getting notices from the neighboring county saying his Medicaid was being terminated January 2011. Well we have called twice telling them we are not even in Scott County so we do not understand why they even have his information since we have been working through our office (Cape Girardeau County) since we lost the house in 2008.

Since we live in the 'boonies' of Cape Girardeau County, we have a Chaffee address even though we actually live in a little town called Allenville that does not warrant its own zip code. Any way... to make a three hour ordeal short, we were basically told we had to prove we lived in Cape Girardeau County. They called the post office and were told we lived in Scott County because of the Chaffee address. We ended up having to make a 20 minute drive to a neighboring court house and going to the real estate and mapping office. The wonderful lady there looked it up and yes... we ARE in Cape Girardeau County. She even printed a map for us to show where the county lines were.

We take this information back to the DCFS office and get stuck talking to another caseworker. (I think the other got scared of Wendell because he was so frustrated with it all) This is another spot in our store that is frustrating. We explain to this lady what is going on and yes, she knows Allenville is Cape Girardeau County... asks to see our voters registration cards, which we produce and they show Cape Girardeau County too! She takes copies of the cards and the map from the Real Estate and Mapping Office to submit for us.

Of course we get home and we have a message from the original caseworker telling us 'Sorry... but I need you to run in copies of your last two paycheck stubs'. Grrrrrr.... So of course now we have to make another trip into town! (20 miles away)

Nothing seems to ever go easy... It always seems people make things more complicated than they need to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well... I am off to start on some baking. This is the latest I have ever put things off. They are predicting a snow storm to hit Friday night so I am betting it will be quiet around here. We don't want the kids attempting an hour drive in bad weather.

In case I don't get back this week.... I hope that you all have a VERY Merry Christmas!

*prim hugs and blessings*
Debbie

6 comments:

  1. I love your ornies and hope you have a better day ((hugs)) and I don't know why people have to make things so complicated but shame on them for causing you stress, not your fault:( I hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas Debbie, I will be SO glad when this wedding is over!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great goodies came in your mail!!

    Merry Christmas!
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely goodies Deb.....I'm sorry for how difficult things have been for you. Sending hugs and Christmas wishes your way.
    Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Deb what a Wonderful win!!!!Love love ...love Beeswax!! My fave is the doll with the little crow!!Hugs ...and Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did get some great goodies in the mial. O am so sorry you have had such a rough time. I hope the New Year brings more joy!!! Have a Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You received some really nice goodies! Karen made you fudge?? Yum! You must be special or something. =]

    ReplyDelete