Friday, December 31, 2010

My Wish For You....

The year 2010 has had its ups and downs for me. Thankfully more ups!

The first part of the year found us struggling but God blessed me with a fantastic summer job working for the Girl Scouts of the Missouri Heartland as the cook for seven weeks at two of their summer camps. It was my first real job being in charge of my own kitchen and feeding 100 girls every day, three times a day. I loved it. I made some wonderful new friends and learned I was a pretty good cook!

After camp, I was blessed again with an opportunity to work for the public school system as the 'Pasta Lady' at one of the local high schools. It was only part time but it worked out perfect. Wendell's Medicare had kicked in so I had to figure out a way to make ends meet. The job with the school helped me do it plus gave me a little time to do what I love.... create....

We have been dealing with the effects of MS for almost three years now. Thankfully the last MRI showed that his daily injections are working. He still has his good days and bad but we are getting through them.

2011 finds us preparing for him to have surgery on his right hand. He has what they call 'Dupuytren's Contractures'. Its is a thickening of the fibrous tissue layer underneath the skin of the palm and fingers. Although painless, the thickening and tightening (contracture) of this fibrous tissue can cause the fingers to curl . He has this in both hands but only the right is bad enough to warrant surgery. Surgery is scheduled for Tuesday and I am not looking forward to it at all. He isn't the best patient. I am going to need all the patience I can get. *laughing*

I don't know what the year 2011 will bring us but I have enough faith that whatever comes our way... God will see us through it as he has all along.

My wish for you, my friends, is that the year 2011 finds you very blessed with love and laughter and may you never want for more than you need.

Happy New Year!
*hugs and blessing*

Debbie

10 comments:

  1. Debbie~ I wish you and your family a Blessed and Happy New Year! You know when life's struggles come we are all here for you.Hopefully this year holds so much joy and blessings for you so we can share in that as well.Warm Wishes!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you the same for the new year ahead. Blessings to you and your husband and I will pray all goes well with his surgery.
    Happy New Year!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Debbie. I hope it is a great one with a lot of ups.


    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, you and Wendell are in my prayers, I hope all goes well with the surgery AND recovery;) 2010 was a really crappy year for alot of folks, I sure hope this new year is better! When my son leaves tomorrow I have no idea when i will see him again, it is SO hard, but I am keeping the faith that God will watch over him and give me the strength to get through it. You are such a wonderful friend, I hope 2011 is a wonderful year for you both, you sure deserve it! ((BIG HUG))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Debbie!!! I miss chatting with you too. 2010 was a great year because I met you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers as Wendell goes through his surgery.
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debbie, hopefully this will be a good year for you. My mom had MS, so I know what a struggle it can be. Take care and hope you have a very Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great year in review debbie. I hope surgery goes well on tuesday. I will keep him in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hugs Sis....I know you will have a great year and Im sure Wendell will do just fibe with the surgery even though he may drive you nuts! Wish we were closer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie, I hope you and Wendell have a terrific year. I'm sure he'll do fine with his surgery, and it'll be blue skies thereafter!

    ReplyDelete