Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Little Faux Baking....

I don't have much luck when it comes to actual baking (nothing seems to want to rise in my cold kitchen) but boy can I do some 'faux' baking! I found the directions to making these fabulous cinnamon rolls over at Oodlekadoodle's blog and they turned out fantastic! I only made six and have already sold three of them! With some luck, I hope to post on my selling blog this weekend.
I have been in such a craft slump it feels so good to have gotten something accomplished. I even went out and bought more muslin to do a few more projects. I have three old sets of bed springs here that I have told my hubby that he has the mission of tearing apart so I can try my hand at making some nodders. I also have dragged down some old zinc canning lids I found in the attic. So many plans but darn work seems to get in the way now!
~~~~~~~~~~
This week my laptop decided to give me problems again. While I was at camp the battery died so I had to get a new one. Monday morning, my modem went out! Darn laptop was just a year old. Thank goodness when I purchased it I bought the three-year warranty, even though I complained. Looks like that was a good decision and I am slowly getting my money back, huh?
It will be two weeks before I get it back so my posting my be slow since I have to borrow my husband's laptop. He doesn't like to share his toys sometimes! *laughing*
~~~~~~~~~~
Tomorrow I am heading to Illinois to spend the day with family. My niece has two little girls whom I have never met, ages three and one. They are having a BBQ to celebrate the youngest ones birthday and 'Great' Aunt Debbie is going to try and take pictures. I am really looking forward to spending the afternoon with them all. Seems like ever since my mom passed away 14 years ago, our family has drifted off in different directions. I am hoping that this weekend will be the first of many more get-togethers with them.
So what are you all up too? Hope you have a great weekend and are able to enjoy some great weather!
*hugs*
Debbie




3 comments:

  1. They look pretty good, Deb! What are you
    going to make, next?

    Bear Hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I want a bite!! Hehe! Those are the best kind... the "no calorie" kind. Congrats on selling them!

    I'll agree, I hate paying for those darn warranty's but sounds like you got your money back on this one! Good thing you had it!

    ReplyDelete