Friday, September 24, 2010

Caramel Apples and Computer Issues....

I have been wanting to try my hand at making some of these but could never find the apples. Everyone was telling me they found them at the dollar store and Wal-Mart but when I looked... they had nothing. Well on Wednesday we had to run in and pick up one of the hubby's prescriptions and I decided to look again. Success!!!! They had some and they looked so real I caught myself picking one up and smelling it. Unfortunately they do not smell like a nice red apple.
I ran home and made these then. They look so nice I am going to have to go back and get the big bag of apples and make more!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Any plans this weekend? I am excited that we have a three day weekend. (Its so nice working for the school system. ) I have five yards of muslin sitting here calling my name and tons of ideas running through my head. I have been hit by the crafting bug bad these past few weeks.
Its a good thing though because I am in a few swaps and getting ready to make ornies for the 1st Annual Ornie Swap over at Prim Pals. I am so excited about this swap. I love decorating my tree in homemade ornies. I think this swap is so nice because they are taking sign ups and then breaking them up into groups. Depending on how many sign up, the most ornies you would be required to do is 10. I think that will make it very do-able!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have been suffering lately because the modem on my laptop died last week. I had to take it in last Tuesday and now have to patiently wait two to three weeks for it to come back. I am so thankful I purchased the warranty. I am slowly collecting that back. Last month my battery died and it had to be replaced.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Well I am off to work. I hope you all have a great Friday and enjoy the first weekend of fall!
*hugs*
Debbie

9 comments:

  1. Your apples turned out GREAT!!!!! Enjoy the long weekend and have fun crafting:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. your apples turned out scrumtious! :) i used dollar tree apples! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to go to 3 dollar stores just to get 18 apples to make mine. Aren't they fun and easy-peasy to make. And they look so real!

    D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your caramel apples look so real! Have
    a great day!

    Bear Hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your faux caramel apples!! I made mine today too...now I'm waiting for them to dry, so that I can put them in their clear bags and tie them with some homepsun fabric and add a cute prim tag. I did 24 of them for my show that is in 2 weeks, but I have to keep some for me:) I found mine at a local craft supply store. Hope to post pictures of mine in a day or so.
    I want to do that ornie swap so badly, but I'm worried with all the babysitting that I'm doing right now and with 2 shows coming up that I won't have time. I can't wait to see what everyone makes.
    Have a great weekend.
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, those turned out so good, Deb! Great job! Hope your computer troubles are behind you very soon!
    Love ya!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, love your apples. Can't wait for the ornie swap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word Debbie! I thought those were real! I was thinking how delicious they looked, wishing I had one to eat. You did a wonderful job on them girl!

    ReplyDelete