Monday, August 30, 2010

I Found Some Crafting Motivation!


I was beginning to think it was lost forever but I found it! This is what I worked on this weekend.

You all know how much I LOVE playing in salt dough and with Halloween getting closer I was inspired to try my hand at some 'spooky' bowl fillers.

I love how these turned out. I think the mummy is one of my favorites.


I did a few pumpkins too! I love how the ones with the crows turned out. After coffee staining them they looked so nice and 'prim'.


I also experimented with an idea for a fall bowl filler. How do you like my Indian Corn?? I think it turned out nice.


And of course you can't do Halloween without Candy Corn!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I didn't post about it but the week after I came home from camp, I went to put in an application with the school district in the hopes of getting a job in one of the school's lunch rooms. Well...... I handed in the application and was interviewed right then and there and GOT a job!

I am working part time at one of the local high schools. I am the 'Pasta Lady'! How fitting is that for an Italian girl? *laughing* I have been working there two weeks now and love it. So far the kids are great and I am beginning to recognize a few of my regular faces.

One of the requirements is that we have to wear an apron each day and they can be ones we make. Well... this was all the motivation I needed to bring down my sewing machine and get busy! Here are two aprons I made yesterday.


I had not used my sewing machine in almost 18 months and it felt so good to break it out and actually make something.

I am hoping to cut out a few fall things today after work to keep the creative juices going. It feels so good to be crafting again!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!
*hugs*
Debbie

11 comments:

  1. Wow! You've been busy!!!
    Love the bowl fillers!
    Good luck with the new job... My kids always loved the lunch ladies!
    Tisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie those bowl fillers are AWESOME!!!! I made some too the other day, hopefully get them posted later, I am not so good with mine, I use cookie cutters, LOL!!! The aprons are beautiful too and I'm so glad you like your new job, how wonderful!!!!!!!! Hugs, Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your amazing Debs, I'm glad your crafting again! I absolutely love those bowl fillers! When you come back, you come back with a BANG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I am so green with envy over these awesome ornies! I'm definitely gonna have to try to make me some of those although I know they won't look half as good as yours do! Love, love, love the aprons too!
    Love ya!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie,
    Congrats on the new job!!
    Love the Fall/Halloween bowl fillers!!
    Love the aprons too!!
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  6. They turned out great! I have been wanting to make these for the last few years. Yours are some of the best I have ever seen and I have been searching for ideas! I love them! Thanks for the inspiration! Good luck with the new job!
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debbie ~ I love all your dough creations! You are so talented and creative! I think "Frankie" is so cute!!
    The candy corn is a wonderful idea and your aprons are great. I'm looking forward to seeing what you create next...Christmas bowl fillers and a wintery apron perhaps!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your ornies and your aprons Deb . Congrats on the new job . It is so nice to find one that you enjoy .
    Hugs
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bowl fillers sis! And I know you will be a great Pasta lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant! Great to see you at your best - making these little good looking ornaments and 'stuff'.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Pasta Lady, on your new job! How awesome and fun that you can make your own aprons to wear! You better watch out... you'll be getting orders from the other girls to make them some aprons. Those are so cute!

    The salt dough ornaments are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete