Saturday, June 5, 2010

Its Official and A New Item at the Mercantile

I am so excited right now.... I received the phone call yesterday that my contract had been accepted and I am going to be the cook this summer at Girl Scout camp! *doing a happy dance. Now I am just waiting for my official letter that they mailed yesterday that will also include a list of things I should pack for my time there. I will be leaving in nine days!!!

I will not be posting much at all over the summer but will do my best to drop in and see what everyone is up too. I am hoping to do a little series of 'Letter's from Camp' for the Prim Pals forum and will share them here also. I plan on taking my camera too so hopefully I will come back with lots of great photos too!

Thank you to all of you who said a little prayer for me on this one. I DO appreciate it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I have a new penny rug that I am putting on at Goat Creek Mercantile if anyone is interested.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, its still relatively cool this morning... (78 degrees) so I am going to try to get a few things done around here. I participated in an Americana Swap over on the forum and have a couple little things to finish up for it so I can get it in the mail by Thursday. I love doing themed swaps, don't you?

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

*hugs*
Debbie

OOPS! I almost forgot.... I cannot post without giving you an Italian phrase for the day....

Fidati di me.

fee-dah-tee dee may

Trust me.

8 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!! So happy for you Debbie!! Will miss you posting but I know you will enjoy this summer ((BIG HUGS)) and CONGRATULATIONS:D We will all be waiting to hear of your great adventures at camp:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo! We are going to miss you!

    Bear Hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so happy for you sis! I know it will be a blast and you will find a minute here and there to check in with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Debbie! I wish you the best. But we will miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on getting the job!! Have a great summer there and we can't wait to hear all about camp.
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you Debbie!!! Can't wait to hear about your experiences while you are there and what dishes you plan on cooking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, thank you for visiting my blog - I'm now a follower of yours! LOVE your pennyrugs - they are beauttiful!
    Congrats on getting your contract accepted at the girls camp!!

    ~Neenee~
    http://thekrazykraftlady.blogspot.com
    http://primpatternsnhandmades.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to your letters from camp! It's been a few years since I've been to camp. Haha!

    Your pineapple penny rug is beautiful!! I didn't realize you made those. Very good job Debbie!

    ReplyDelete