Monday, April 26, 2010

A Trip to the Food Bank...

There has not been a whole lot going on around here, especially with all the rain. From the weatherman's forecast it looks like that is all we are going to see this week too.

Since I have not been able to do much outside I have been doing a little stitching. I finished my third little project today and hoping to start a fourth one tonight.

We went to the food bank on Friday and thought I would share with you what the gave us.

There were:

4 cans of Fruit Cocktail

4 cans of Green Beans
4 cans of Spaghetti Sauce
4 cans of Corn
4 cans of Mixed Veggies
2 cans of Pork
2 jars of Peanut Butter
4 Pkg of Spaghetti
4 Pkg of Powdered Milk
4 boxes of Cream of Mushroom Soup

Lots of goodies to help stretch out the budget with. I have never used the canned Pork before but tonight I am going to see if I can make BBQ out of it. Wendell has been craving it for a while now. I am so thankful to receive everything but it was nice receiving something besides all the beans they had been giving us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you all are faring well on this Monday. Despite it being cold, wet and windy I have been enjoying all of my little bird visitors. Hopefully I will get some photos worked up to share.

Take Care,

Debbie

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to get some food. Are you growing any of your own this year? I'd be happy to send some seeds if you are - I've got extras! Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pork is not bad in bbq or in pork gravy. Just rinse it well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you got stocked up:) Hope your rain leaves soon and you get back to some sunny days!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm.. never tried pork like that, never even seen it! how fun and interesting :) can you imagine having one of those mystery cans in your cupboard (you know, the kind that lost its label?) thinking its probably pineapple or soup and you open it to find out its PORK? haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE ANYTHING FREE! GLAD TO SEE YOU ARE DOING OKAY.

    DONNA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you got a nice assortment this time. Make sure you update on the canned pork - I'd be interested in hearing what you do with it and how it turns out!

    So...whatcha been stitching?

    ReplyDelete