Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Feels Good to be Crafting...

Its been so long to really be crafting something other than salt dough but that is what I have been doing.... and still at it. I found this terrific pattern to do sunflowers (created originally by Char) and just went to town. It was originally suppose to be made into a nodder but since I haven't found any wire cutters yet, I decided to improvise.

I even went out into the old shed, fought the bees and found this old wooden chicken feeder, scrubbed it clean and here is how it turned out! I love it and plan on making more to put over at Goat Creek Mercantile for sale.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next on my completed projects list was my penny rug candle mat. I was so nervous because I knew what I wanted to do, just didn't know if I was doing it right. Thanks to Karen over at My Colonial Home my confidence is better as she told me I did great for my first attempt.


Not much else going on at the home front. I have been getting started with a few samplers and stitchery that I have been wanting to try. Once I get them done, I will show you. I am trying to find things I can do in the same room with Wendell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are you ready for a few phrases tonight?

#1 - sono la persona piu' fortunata al mondo.

soh-noh lah payr-soh-nah pew four-toon-ah-tah ahl mohn-doe

I'm the luckiest person in the world.

~~~~~~~~~~

Che begli occhi che hai.

Kay bayl-yee oh-key kay eye

You have beautiful eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well I am off. It is chat night over at the Prim Pals Forum. Every Wednesday night at 7:00 p.m. Central time we hold a weekly chat. Last week we had such a good time that it was 9:00 p.m. before I knew it. I am not use to staying up so late! If you have not come and checked out the forum, you should. We would love to have you join our family!

Take Care,

Debbie

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh those sunflowers are awesome!!! your penny rug turned out very nice too! I need to get back to some crafting, I haven't been doing any, too much on my mind I guess. I wanted to pop over to the chat tonight at the forum, but got busy brushing Kiah then giving the bunnies *butt baths* and nail trims and totally lost track of the time, maybe next week:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie!! I love the sunflowers and the penny rug! So, when will you be adding some of these to your shoppe?

    Wonderful work on them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE those sunflowers! You did a fantastic job on both your projects. Love your salt dough too though.

    ReplyDelete