Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Answers to Laundry Detergent Questions...

I must have been in a big hurry yesterday and forgot to answer some very important questions on the laundry detergent that I made.

I figured that the cost was around $2.00 to make a three gallon batch. It washed great but mind you that it doesn't 'suds' up like some detergents. I had taken a little and applied directly to some tougher stains and gently rubbed like I would any other time and it took the stains out but then I have used Fels Napfta as a stain remover before when my boys were small and prone to grass stains. The only thing I missed was the 'fresh' scent you get with most store bought detergents. I plan on buying Tide fragrance and using it next time so I think that will cure that problem.

If you have any other questions, please ask. I will be happy to answer what I can.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next on my 'to do' list is find a recipe to make my own soap. There are so many out there so I am going to be doing more research. If you know of any that you use yourself, like and don't mind sharing.... I would appreciate it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For supper yesterday, I made Duck and Dumplings using the leftover carcass from Sunday's dinner.

It turned out yummy despite the fact I did not have any celery to put in it for flavoring. I ended up using some celery salt. It still tasted good!

A meal like this is so easy to do and a great idea for stretching out that roasted chicken/turkey/duck/goose from a Sunday meal. I will be posting a recipe on the cooking blog if anyone is interested.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today's Italian phrase of the day is:

Comincia!

coh-meen-chah

Play ball!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not much planned for today except coming up with an idea for supper and work on a new project and finish the one from yesterday. I want to show them but can't since they are for my April 'Happiness Exchange' partner on the Prim Pals forum and I know she reads my blog. *lol*

I hope you all have a good day. Today we are suppose to have thunderstorms and by the looks of it outside, the weatherman is right.

Take Care,

Debbie

1 comment:

  1. When I finally have duck, I think yours is the recipe I will use. Ducks and dumplings sounds pretty yummy!

    ReplyDelete