Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Tuesday's Treasure Hunt...

On Sunday I spent a little time outside poking around in the garage and found several big tubs of stuff that appeared to be mine. How they got into the garage, I don't know but I decided that I was going to spend some time over the next week going through them. Yesterday a dragged in three of them and oh the craft goodies I found.

Apparently I don't have to buy any Aida cloth for a while. It will go with the 3 1/2 containers of embroidery floss I found on Sunday. I found wire, a glue gun and glue sticks, a brand new roll of heatbond, hoops, beads, material and a few made up items. I definitely have enough to keep me busy on those days I get 'bored'.



When my mom passed away, I inherited some the stuff from her craft room. I came across a stack of old crochet pattern books. Can you see the price on some of those? You can't find them for that much now!

This little gem was only 29 cents and look at all the information it offers! Lessons in crocheting, knitting, embroidery and tatting! I plan on checking out the knitting section as soon as I find the tub with my knitting needles! *laughing*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are you ready for today's Italian phrase of the day?


Vorrei non averlo mai detto.


vore-ray non ah-vayr-low my dayt-toe


I wish I hadn't said that.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what are your plans for today? Today is pay day here so I get the privilege of paying bills and doing a little grocery shopping. Hopefully I can squeeze in the laundry and a little crafting. My dear friend Marie and I are doing a swap and it has me so excited. I love doing them!


Well, I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!

Debbie








7 comments:

  1. WoW! What a bunch of "forgotten" treasures you found!
    Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to move and unpack! :)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like your crafts are as hidden as mine used to be. I finally went through everything a few weeks back. I made a list of everything (and it is a long list) and I change it everytime I move something around or use it all up. I was so tired of digging for things. Enjoy your new finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness Debbie!! you have to make something from that kitchen crochet book and post it! they look gorgeous! I love old patterns, really is a such a lost treasure.
    I am on facebook, you should add me. picturegirl2004@msn.com
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's even better than "found" money!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what great bunch of goodies!

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love finding stuff like that! You sure have enough to keep you busy for awhile:) My stash is down in the basement and I told Stush when it ever warms up around here we are cleaning it out!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete