Wednesday, March 17, 2010

That Time of Year...

When you step out on my front porch and look across the road, this is what you see.

Normally you would see fields but when the snow starts melting and we get a lot of rain, the Diversion Channel floods. The house we live in was built in 1922 and from what we have been told 2007 was the first time the water actually got into the basement. Needless to say, I have been doing some praying that it doesn't decide to do it again this year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday we opened up some new categories on the Prim Pals Forum, dedicated to learning and being Frugal. I am also happy to announce that Brandi from the Frugal Farmhouse has signed on as a moderator to help share what she has learned about being frugal and saving money. Welcome Aboard Brandi!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are you ready for a few Italian phrases today?:

#1 - E' stato fantastico.

ay stah-toh fahn-tahs-tee-coh

That was amazing.


~~~~~~~~~~

#2 - Possa la strada venirti incontro.

pohs-sah lah strah-dah vay-neer-tee een-cohn-troh

May the road rise to meet you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before I forget.... I want to wish you all a very Happy St. Patrick's Day!. I hope you all remembered your green!

Take Care,

Debbie

6 comments:

  1. Have a great St. Patty's Day you cooking anything special?

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope the water stays away from your house. I hope you have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day! ~Dan~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy St. Patrick's day and I hope your house doesn't flood! We get flooding in the lower pasture here but it's never been close to the house - yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Debbie! I am very excited about our new categories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie~ Mother nature can be very tricky. Living in the PNW, we can experience flooding in places where it's least expected.
    I hope your home goes untouched by the flooding waters.

    I want to thank you for your visit..your words brought me such comfort at a very difficult time. It's greatly appreciated.

    Sweet wishes,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I get so behind on your blog!?
    I'm praying for a dry basement for you!

    ReplyDelete