Tuesday, March 9, 2010

MS Awareness Week...

Do you know that in the United States today, there are approximately 400,000 people with multiple sclerosis (MS) with 200 more people diagnosed every week. Worldwide, MS is thought to affect more than 2.5 million people. (from the National MS Society)

As many of you know, my husband was diagnosed two years ago with Multiple Sclerosis. While he has been 'lucky' that even though he has bad days, he is still able to get around without the aid of a cane or wheelchair....though thousands of others aren't.

This week my friend Jamie at Inspired Mess is hosting an MS Awareness Week. Please check it out. She has a week full of giveaways planned and a ton of wonderful information to help spread the news about MS. Please check it out!

Thank you,
Debbie

5 comments:

  1. i saw your donation to the giveaway so cute I really need to get some of those hello kitty ones I am going to look now :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the timely reminder. I didn't know about your husband. I'm so sorry he's having to fight this. Please let us know if there's anything we can do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie- thank you for posting this. I had no idea! I'll head over to her blog and check it out. I hope Wendell is feeling good today, I haven't asked in a while, I apologize!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason I thought I was already following you? Well, I added you now :)
    xoxo,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbie - for some reason your blog has not been updating properly in my reader....I missed a couple posts. : (
    Thanks for the heads up about MS awareness...I'll be visiting Jamie's blog as soon as I post this comment.

    I'll also visit your newest venture - Prim Pals. You don't have enough to do already!! : ) It sounds like a neat idea. i may join in down the road.

    By the way - I found a box for the bowl. I'll be packaging it up and I'll let you know when it's in the mail.

    ReplyDelete