Friday, March 12, 2010

Look What I Found!

It was nice and sunny outside, and despite the fact that it was windy as all heck, I took a walk around the yard and look what I found!

Isn't she pretty! And she wasn't alone either. There were clumps of daffodils all around the asparagus patch too!

Just imagine.... in a few more weeks, there will be asparagus popping up all over the patch! I can't wait! I have been craving cream of asparagus soup for a few weeks now but can't bring myself to pay $3 plus a pound when I know I will have it coming out my ears soon!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today's Italian phrase of the day is:

Il peggior nemico.

eel pay-johr nay-mee-coh

Worst enemy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Enjoy your Friday! *hugs*
Debbie

7 comments:

  1. OH she is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Can't wait till mine start poppin' up, not till April here though:( Is asparagus hard to grow? I always thought about planting some but don't know much about it. Hope you have a lovely weekend sweetie:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Spring what a sweet word to my ears! Love the picture.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the first flowers of spring! :) And fresh asparagus is the best - I don't think I've ever had cream of asparagus soup, but I'll bet it's delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daffodils are up, but have not bloomed yet. It is so wonderful to see signs of Spring and not snow!!
    Have a great weekend.
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh she IS beautiful! I can't wait to see a little sign of spring. I would love an asparagus patch too! My very favorite veggie! I've never had asparagus soup...I'm hoping to see a recipe from you soon. : )

    I'm babysitting this weekend too! The only reason I'm on the internet right now is because Charlotte is taking a nap. I should be napping too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it's so pretty! And I'm ready and waiting for Spring! I can't wait!

    You're still impressing me with your Italian! :) We're trying to learn a few Chinese phrases around here these days! At least the most important ones for a 2 year old!

    Have a great weekend, Debbie!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! The Daffodills are beautiful! I wish we were getting more Spring, but it's all rainy cold....Sigh. Lol.

    Love,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete