Sunday, March 7, 2010

Enjoying the Weekend...

Before I forget... wanted to share a picture of the tree for St. Patrick's Day. I wish I had made up more shamrocks but since I am trying to make up a few things for a show in April, I just don't have the time. I discovered the 'no flash' setting on my camera last week and love how it turned out.

Thursday I put a 'WANT' on freecycle for old cookbooks that someone may not want and got a response on Friday evening so Wendell and I went to pick it up. I didn't know what to expect but was pleasantly surprised.


I received this nice hardback cookbook with hamburger recipes! It has given me a little inspiration to try out at least one new hamburger recipe a week. Times are tough and sometimes hamburger is all there is. Figure I can at least use some new ideas on what to make with it. So watch for a new recipe!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since we were out and about Wendell and I went to a little flea market just over the bridge in Cape Girardeau. It was nice to just go look and I was proud to say that I walked out without spending anything. And when I got home.... I found this in my mailbox!

It was a package from my dear friend Carmen over at Waxed Out Creative Life .


Immediately I notices a sweet smell of something good. I could hardly wait to get inside the house to see what was inside!


I was not disappointed!


Carmen sent me some of Prim Lollys and some of the wonderful tarts she makes! You really need to check out her selling blog. I guarantee you will not be disappointed!

Thank you soooooo much Carmen! I love it all! *hugs*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday I also had a visit from one of my favorite guys. 'Monkey' aka Jaygen came over for a visit. I had hoped to get him outside to play some but it was getting close to supper time by the time he got here so I was busy cooking spaghetti for him.

PawPaw and I were getting a big kick out of watching him eat it. I had to take a few pictures. He would get a strand of spaghetti and put it in his mouth, look at Wendell and 'poof' it was gone. Nothing but sauce and a smile left.


After supper we got cleaned up and he decided to love on his daddy. I am so in love with this little boy. He is talking so much now. It makes me wonder how I ever got along without him two years ago.... I was blessed!


After about ten minutes, Monkey had had enough. He held out that arm and said 'No more pictures MawMaw'! I think he is going to be famous and already getting ready to hold off the paparazzi!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today's Italian phrase is one I hope we don't have to use until maybe next fall.

Sta cominciando a nevicare.

stah coh-meen-chahn-doe ah nay-vee-cah-ray

It's starting to snow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I am off to get ready for church and then hopefully enjoy another 60 degree day. I hope you all get to enjoy it too! Take care,

Debbie


6 comments:

  1. He is such a cutie! Now I wanna know if you made it to the shed yet? hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your ornaments! Your grandson is a cutie!!!

    2012 was ok the cheesy factor was pretty high but I enjoyed it.

    Have a great day

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree looks sweet! All your hard work paid off.

    What fun to get a new cookbook...it's great that the cookbook has found a good home. I bet Wendell has some more yummy meals to look forward to. And speaking of yummy - you've been getting some yummy mail. Between cooking and tarts your home must smell awesome.

    Jaygen is such a cutey...it's such fun to watch little ones eat. Yep! Grandbabies are a special blessing!

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your package made it safe and sound and I LOVE your tree with the shamrocks!!! Your lil' monkey is too cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a very nice weekend, 60 degree weather is always nice! Time spent with family is always fun.
    denise

    ReplyDelete