Monday, March 15, 2010

Boy is this Maw Maw Tired!

This was a very exhausting weekend for me. I spent most of it chasing this little dude...

Jaygen aka 'Monkey'

Last time he was here he didn't want much of anything to do with either of us but it was because he hadn't been around us since Christmas. I was very concerned how he would be when his dad called me Friday afternoon and asked if I would mind watching him while he and Dani had a 'date night'.


As the picture shows... he had no problems. Did not even mention that his mom and dad had snuck out on him. We played the entire nine hours he was here. When I took this picture I thought what a mess... He had dragged out every toy he had but looking at it now, it did not look so bad. He even spent time with Paw Paw! That is a major miracle. The last few times he would barely look at Wendell... this time they were playing with his farm set and tractors.


By 9 pm when his mom and dad came and got him, he was still going strong but as soon as the door was closed at 9:30.... Maw Maw was passed out in her bed! I love that little guy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since I spent a day recuperating, I'm a few phrases off again. Between babysitting and the new forum I have been busy! (but lovin' it)

#1 - Faro' del mio meglio.

fah-row dayl mee-oh mayl-yoh

I'll do my best.

~~~~~~~~~~

#2 - Buona Giornata.


bwon-ah johr-nah-tah

Have a nice day.

~~~~~~~~~~

#3 - Penso di no.

Payn-soh dee noh

I don't think so

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other news... The forum seems to be taking off nicely. We have 42 members as of early this morning. Not too bad for five days! Its so nice to see so many new faces there too. I am enjoying getting to know everyone.

How did everyone do with the time change? Did you remember to turn those clocks forward? It did not seem so bad yesterday but this morning it seem to take forever before the sun started to come up. It was almost seven o'clock before I could see the horizon... but isn't it nice to have it stay light a little later?

Well I am off to do a few chores around the house and add a few post to the new forum. We are starting a 'frugal' section and I think its going to be nice. We are hoping to fill it will all sorts of money saving ideas and tips.

Take care and I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

Debbie


10 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun with Jaygen! They should bring him over more often. Thats a great pic of Jared and Dani.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, I hope I get to be a maw-maw some day:)I love your cute lil' "monkey" and hope you got all rested up after his visit:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be exhausted too..as I am with my "little monkey...Molly"!
    I got your email about the forum. I just need to get my butt in gear and join. I will do that as soon as I finish my blog reading. I am so glad that it is doing so well!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Jaygen is adorable! Sorry I wasn't around yesterday, had cake and ice cream with my family. I'll be around for a few more hours, I'll head over to the forum and see if your there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie~ I can see why you were so tired, but I bet you had a wonderful time. The new forum is great! Keep up the good work you are doing! ~Dan~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jaygen is adorable!!
    I went this morning to watch my new grandson Peyton...guess he isn't letting mommy get any sleep at all. Mommy got a 3 hour nap and I got to sit in the rocking chair with my special little boy!!
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute lil Monkey !!!! Looks like he had loads of fun too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pictures what a face too cute. I love the ending how you passed out. I want to check out your new blog when I get a extra moment sounds great.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cutie! You're so lucky to have such an adorable grandchild!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I babysat for Charlotte the same weekend - talk about exhausted! But it was fun!!

    ReplyDelete