Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Beautiful Saturday Weather...

I have been so excited about today's weather, especially when the weatherman said it would reach the 60's! I am hoping to spend a little time outside today and possibly going through the shed out back for some goodies I have been wanting to drag into the house. There is a little trough feeder out there that I have been dying to clean up and set on my dining room table. Shall we take bets on what the first words will be out of my husband's mouth when he sees it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am absolutely sure that spring is on its way. The birds seem to be going crazy around the farm yard. The other night I had cardinals in my bush by the window and they were chasing each other and the females. I think they are 'feeling' spring.

It cracks me up how they seem to stop by to take a peek. I can't wait to see if they do it once I can actually open the window. Doesn't he look like he is stopping by to say Hi! ?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday I got another surprise in the mail! Well, not really a surprise, I have know a box would be coming since Christmas. Holli from 'Where the Rooster Crows' is like a sister to me... no.. not like, she is! We have known each other for so long and despite the distance between us, we probably talk to each other every day, provided Facebook or Yahoo Chat cooperates.

Yesterday I got this in the mail. It is a combination of Christmas and Just Because presents. She and I both have boxes sitting, being filled up with little gifts. Her box just always seems to get filled first. I am still working on it sis! There is so much I want to put in there for you.



Check out the Wolf throw she threw in for Wendell and all the neat prim stuff she gave me! I am taking that little sign and hanging it up where he will see it every day! It says: 'Take each other for better or worse but never for granted'. (Lately... I've felt like its been a little for granted).

She sent me a new pair of jammies and a beautiful green shirt! Plus all of these other goodies. A few different types of soap, body wash (that smells wonderful btw!), hair color, vitamins and lots of little perfume samples and make up. (Wendell got some too but had already put his up before I could get a picture) It is so nice to have a sister who does merchandising.

Thank you again Sis! I love you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ready for today's phrase? It looks like its one some of you could use lately. Too much flu/stomach virus going on.

Soffro come un cane.

sohf-froh coh-may oon cah-nay

Sick as a dog.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well plans for today include a trip to a little flea market that is held every weekend across the bridge in Cape Girardeau. I have wanted to do yard sales so much that Wendell has promised to take me over there even if I can only look.

I am also hoping that the kids will drop by today. Its been a few months since we have seen them here. MawMaw and PawPaw are suffering serious Monkey aka Jaygen withdrawals. With the temperatures getting so warm, I am hoping BBQ.

Well, I better get going. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Debbie *hugs*




4 comments:

  1. Debbie~ You got some wonderful goodies there!!! i love that shirt, very pretty:)I hope you have a great weekend and get to see your lil' monkey:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely selection of gifts! You really are lucky! :) Enjoy your weekend - I think it's going to be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I send you cinnamon soap?? I lovvvve it!I thi=ought I sent you a bar but now Im not sure. Im glad you like everything and the jammies fit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie,
    You got some wonderful goodies from Holli!! Hope you get to see you little monkey soon. Aren't grandkids the "bestest" little things on earth!!
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete