Friday, February 19, 2010

Where Has the Week Gone?


I cannot believe it is already Friday, can you? Where did the week go? Did I even get anything accomplished? It sure does not feel like it. I don't even know what happened to yesterday. I was doing so good and blogging every day. Wednesday evening I had even sat down and work on what I would post but oops.... it did not happen.

What did happen was I did get the house cleaned up so now my weekend is free to craft. I need to finish up the salt dough ornies that were ordered so I can give them to my first customer. She is a senior in high school and she was really excited to get them. I am hoping that she will get some good comments from her friends who may be interested.

I also worked on shamrocks for my tree. I only need to do about 20 more! I have decided to do them all in different shades of green and maybe paint them with different patterns on them. Hopefully I will get it done before the end of the month so I can have them up at least for a few weeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that it is the season of lent I will find myself struggling with different meals to serve on Fridays. I always hate serving the same thing week after week. On Ash Wednesday I decided to do my own 'Tuna Noodle Casserole' from scratch and now I can say we won't be using Tuna Helper anymore. I looked at several recipes and just threw one together that I thought would be good and it was! Wendell loved it, though he said I went overboard on the peas. I don't know what the man has against vegetables!

If you are interested and needing a fast, easy Friday night meal you can find the recipe here on my cooking blog.


Tuna Noodle Casserole


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are you ready for two Italian phrases today?


#1. - Come ti chiami?


coh-me tee key-ah-mee


What's your name?


~~~~~~~~~~

#2. - Ho una terribile emicrania.


oh oon-ah tayr-ree-bee-lay ay-mee-crayn-yah


I have a terrible headache.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Plans for today include a visit to the Salvation Army Food Bank. I hate having to go but with not being able to go grocery shopping until the 4th I need to supplement my pantry someway right now. I am so thankful that I had 'stockpiled' things like canned goods, sugar, flour and a few more pantry staples but the last few months has taken its toll on the pantry. I really need to work at restocking it this spring and summer. I will post about my visit tomorrow to let you know how it goes.


Other plans include working on the 'Prim Pals' project. I have already had a few of you show some interest. I am hoping we can get more. I am trying to get a page set up just for it that will explain how it works, etc. I really think it will be lots of fun for all who participate. Hopefully Monday I will have the site done for you all to check out.


Well the sun is starting to rise which means I have about 30 minutes more until Wendell wakes up. I am going to go relax with a cup of hot tea and catch up on a few of your blogs.

Take Care,

Debbie

3 comments:

  1. YUM..that tuna casserole looks so good! I'm gonna check out your selling blog and see about getting some of your ornies, my mom has a stick tree that she leaves up all year and I bet some of those would be great for a Mother's day gift:) I bet those flowers would make cute necklaces for young girls too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that casserole looks so good! Congrats on your first sell :D

    Have a great weekend

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like tuna casserole! It looks really good!
    denise

    ReplyDelete