Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Trip to the Food Bank...

Yesterday was my first trip to the Salvation Army food bank. I could not get Wendell to go with me (think it was a case of male pride). I was surprised that it did not take very long at all to get assistance. I basically walked in, signed a few papers and was given two bags of groceries.

This is what we received:


4 - 2 lb. bags of Great Northern Beans
3 - 18 oz. jars of Peanut Butter
4 cans of Apricots
9 cans of Vegetarian Vegetable Condensed Soup
4 quarts of Milk
2 cans of Beef Stew
6 cans of Mixed Vegetables
6 cans of Spinach
2 cans of Applesauce
1 can of Corn
1 Bottle of Tomato Juice


I don't know if this is what everyone was receiving or if it was just for a family of two but either way it will definitely help us.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have been meaning to get these posted. They are my latest Easter offerings. The entire group can be viewed over at my shoppe.



Today I am hoping to finish up my shamrocks for my St. Patrick tree. With luck I should have pictures to share with you on Monday.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have plans today to go pick up a small bookshelf we have stored in a storage unit. (My husband swears we need to keep the unit but I see immediate plans to clear that baby out as soon as it gets warmer and I can talk him through straightening up the garage.)



This is the corner of my kitchen where I am hoping to put the shelves. I had put my cookbooks up on the shelf there but it was poorly constructed and collapsed. Cross your fingers that the bookshelf will fit.


Next I will have to find a place to put my little green storage unit. It is the home to two drawers of cookie cutters and a drawer of cake decorating supplies.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ready for today's Italian phrase of the day?


Mi manchi tantissimo


mee mahn-key than-tees-see-moh


I miss you so much.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well I guess I better go and get the rest of my day started. Its suppose to be sun shiny and in the 50's today before the rain moves in. Hope you all enjoy your day!


Take Care,

Debbie

2 comments:

  1. I love your new ornies and I hope the shelf will fit for you. you got some good things there at the salvation army to help stock your pantry:)I WISH it was in the 50's here, but at least the sun is out and no snow for today...YAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness for food banks. It's hard when things get that bad but thank God there is help. I have been there before and now how hard it is but was very thankful.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete