Friday, February 26, 2010

A 'No Meat' Meal and Assorted Ramblings...

Good Friday morning to all my fellow bloggers. The weekend is almost here! Anyone have any plans? The weatherman says its suppose to be sunny and in the high 40's/low 50's. I hope he is right. I am so ready for spring to get here. I took a walk around the yard yesterday... well actually chasing after a 'bad' puppy who would not listen to her momma... and saw daffodils popping up everywhere! And the Robins! They are out in forces. Crossing my fingers that spring is near.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Being that it is Friday I thought I would post the recipe for Veggie Pizza. This is one of Wendell's favorites and he requests it all the time. Its a perfect 'no meat' meal for the lent season.

Summer Pizza


Ingredients:



2 packages - Crescent Rolls
2 - 8 oz. packages - Cream Cheese, softened


1 Cup - Mayonnaise

1 Tbsp - Dill Weed

1 Tbsp - Minced Onion

1 Cup each - Assorted Veggies (chopped/sliced/diced)

Cauliflower

Broccoli

Tomatoes

Carrots

Green Onion
1 package - Cheddar Cheese, shredded


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.


Press crescent rolls onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, dill weed and the minced onion.


One the crust is cooled, spread the cream cheese mixture on it. Sprinkle the chopped vegetables over the pizza and then sprinkle with the cheddar cheese.


Serve and enjoy!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had to post this since I have heard a lot of gals talk about snuggle sacks. I grabbed this free pattern from Hobby Lobby the other day. It takes at least 9 skeins of yarn to do an adult size snuggie. They are pretty but I think the fleece ones would be so much warmer. I keep teasing my dear husband that I am going to make him one. He gets so cold in the evenings. One of the first things he does when he comes home is put on his big thick robe.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am putting out a call to all my blogging pals. I have been admiring and secretly coveting the pictures of wooden bowls that some of you gals and guys have been posting. I want one... :( If anyone finds one that doesn't cost a small fortune, think of me.... just let me know what I would owe you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok... are you ready for the Italian phrase of the day?


Buon giorno.


Bwon jore-noe


Good Morning.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well I am off to run a few errands. I hope you all have a great weekend and get to enjoy some sunshine!

Debbie




5 comments:

  1. Debbie, I will keep my eyes open for the bowl, sometimes the thrift stores have those. That pizza sounds wonderful, I will have to try that on a day the "picky teenager" isn't home, lol:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy....and Carmen my *picky* teenager wouldnt eat it either!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that pizza looks so good! I love my wooden bowls too! I have several and they all came from thrift stores cheap I will keep my eyes open for one for you!

    have a great day

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see wooden bowls occasionally at secondhand stores - I'll keep my eyes open and grab them if I see any more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pizza looks wonderful and I know my hubby would appreciate something like that on Fridays! Thanks for sharing! I'll keep my eye out for wooden bowls~

    ReplyDelete