Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Mail!

Good Morning! Well... I can't really say its morning because its almost 11:30 a.m. It started off cold, cloudy and very windy. We woke up to about an inch of snow and then had about three more hours of snow flurries. Now the sun is shining!

Did you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day? Ours was quiet and consisted of me watching 'The Time Traveler's Wife' and making a special dinner for Wendell.

I wasn't sure if I was going to like the movie after reading the book but I did. Now that did not sound good... I read the book and while I like it was a little disappointed in it and how it ended. After watching the movie I can say I like it and how they focused more on the love story.

After I finished the movie I started on supper. It consisted of two new recipes that I share on my cooking blog, 'Cooking At Goat Creek'. Both got a thumbs up so they will be going in my cookbook.

Chicken Scampi

and for dessert.... Cinnamon Roll Cookies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now for the title of this post... Happy Mail!

Do you remember my post on my friend and fellow blogger, Jamie? I mentioned her 'Happy Mail' project. Each month Jamie puts together a list of all who want to participate and then matches them up with a fellow blogger. The rules are that you have to send at least one card by the 10th of the month and a little package (with a $10 value) sometime during the month. You can send additional cards or little gifts if you want but it isn't required. The whole purpose of 'Happy Mail' is just to brighten your partner's day. We all love to get something in the mail, don't we?

Everyone fills out a little questionnaire and Jamie emails that to you with your partner's name at the end of the month, to give you a little something to go by. It can be something handmade or something you found at the dollar store that you think they will love. It can be candy, stickers, yarn, anything!

Saturday I got a card from my partner, Kim! Kim is a fiber artist and blogs at Beautiful Bridget. I felt like a little kid when the mail lady handed it to me! I love stickers and she surprised me with a little card of stickers inside!

I really love this idea and it had me wondering/hoping that maybe some of you would enjoy having a similar swap each month. Nothing fancy... just our own little version of 'Happy Mail'. There are so many of us out here that we may never get to really talk too or get to know and I think this would be an nice way to do that plus brighten their day. I would like to pic a different name for it as not to infringe on Jamie's project but maybe something like 'Prim Pals' instead of 'Pen Pals'.... Anyone interested or have a good idea for a name?

I have a questionnaire made out and if you are interested just email me at cmdarlin@hotmail.com and I will send you a copy to fill out and return to me. Around the 28th of the month I will send you the name and information of a fellow blogger and we can go from there. Once we get things going I am thinking we can maybe do a featured shoppe of the month and maybe have a giveaway. Would help promote business for all of us too! Let me know what you think .


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today's Italian phrase of the day is:


Casa 'e dove si trova il cuore.


cah-sah ay doh-vay see troh-vah eel kwoh-ray


Home is where the heart is.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well I am off to do a little cleaning and maybe take a nap. I woke up with a sore throat this morning. I have been taking Tylenol and drinking lots of hot tea so hopefully it will disappear soon!


Take care and hope your all staying warm,

Debbie

3 comments:

  1. oh that food looks so yummy!!!! I will have to try your recipe for sure!!!

    Happy Mail is so much fun!!!!!

    xoxo,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie I think Prim Pals is a fantastic idea !!! I'd love to do it. If there's anything I can do to help ya' get it going just email me and lemme' know =)
    prim Huggs n Blessins
    TJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could use some happy mail...instead of bills!!!

    ReplyDelete