Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Whatcha Reading?

Believe it or not, between doing housework, making salt dough and playing with Photoshop Elements.... I have actually read almost four books in the past ten days! I like to read at night before going to bed. It helps me to 'unwind'.

The book I want to recommend today is called 'Dear John' by Nicholas Sparks.


You have probably seen movie trailers for it. While I have not seen the movie, I have read the book and found it very easy to read. It had me caught up in its characters right away.
You will find that its not your typical romance. I think that is what I liked most about it. John Tyree is a big tough guy and then he meets Savannah Lynn Curtis. His entire live turns around. I don't want to say too much except it was very refreshing to the old historical romance novels I tend to lean toward. You won't be disappointed!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today's phrase is one that you can all use to tell your bosses how you feel! *laughing*
Merito un aumento.
may-ree-toe oon awe-mayn-toe
I deserve a raise.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Its rainy here so I am having a quiet afternoon. Enjoying the time I have to be alone. Its so nice... I may have to take a little nap... and maybe read!
Take Care,
Debbie

4 comments:

  1. I rarely want to see a movie....but I have seen this advertised and I think I might go! Enjoy that alone time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie,
    I have that book too. I actually have all of Nicholas Sparks books. He is my favorite author. I can't wait to go see the movie when it comes out in February.
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can defintiely use this phrase!
    Grazie!
    graht-see-a

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter just read this and loved it. I wonder if the movie will be as good. :)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete