Monday, January 18, 2010

A Tree for All Seasons...

I was so happy with the way my prim tree turned out that I made another batch of salt dough yesterday and made some more ornaments. I think this could become addicting for me because I love how I can work with my hands to shape each one and then paint it how I like it. The picture does not do the ornies justice. You cannot tell how pretty and sparkly they are when the lights from the tree reflect off the glitter. Even Wendell commented on how nice they turned out.

If you click on the picture of the tree, you should be able to see it a little better.
The new ornies that I am doing are for St. Patricks Day, Easter and spring. I have so many ideas running through my head right now for them that I may have to make another batch tonight!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hopefully we will be able to take a drive today. The morning started off extremely foggy but the sun is trying to pop through. I am determined to get a few photos taken today so I can also play... I mean learn how to use Photoshop Elements 8. Its such a neat program for photo editing once you learn how to use it. Lucky for me I have Robby and my 'How to...' book to help me through it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Are you ready for two more phrases today? Once again I had trouble posting with blogger. I even tried posting on a few blogs that I follow and I could never get the comment box to pop up for me. I don't know if its blogger or this dang old dial-up internet service.
#1 - Siamo solo amici.
see-ah-moh so-low ah-mee-chee
We're just friends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#2 - Sapere 'e potere.
sah-pay-ray ay poe-tay-ray
Knowledge is power.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, it looks as if its going to be a beautiful Monday. I hope you can manage to enjoy some of it too where ever you may be.
Take Care,
Debbie

7 comments:

  1. The ornaments turned out great! Have fun making more..hehe! I never did make good salt dough...always cracks on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like "someone" has a salt dough addiction;) LOL...the tree looks wonderful Debbie , can't wait to see the the next ones you make, have fun and enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they looks so good! I am painting mine today :D

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your ornaments!!! you did a great job, I have never made my own, I really really want to this year though :)
    xoxo,
    Lindsay
    P.S thanks for the sweet comment on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree looks great with all the hearts on it!! I still have snowmen on mine...been thinking about taking them down as it's been in the low 40's, but my luck...we've have a snow storm then!! LOL...
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tree and ornies :)
    Have a most wonderful week, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tree looks great. I love the ornies. Can't wait to see what you do for St. Patricks day. :)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete