Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My New Addiction...

Yes... My name is Debbie and I am addicted to salt and flour! I spent the day yesterday painting another batch of salt dough ornaments. I tried a few different things this time and have a list of about 25 more that I want to try and do. My favorites this time round were my flowers. I did two different types. Those funky looking things next to the carrots are suppose to be tulips. I think they will look great on my tree in the spring.
I also did some Easter, St. Paddy's Day and fruit.

But I think these flowers turned out to be my favorites this time around.

The recipe is super simple....

2 cups - Flour
1 cup - Salt
1 cup - Water

Mix well until you have a soft, workable dough. You can use cookie cutters or do like I do and just create with your hands.

Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour or more, depending on how thick your dough is.

This is a great craft for the kids to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our phrase of the day is:


Fare vita mondana.
far-ray vee-tah mon-dah-nah
Living the high life.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today is Wendell's first day back to school. Needless to say, I think we are both excited. *laughing* I love him but there are days it is like having a 45 year old child around. After today I should not hear the cries of 'I am bored'.

To celebrate his first day back, I plan on a nice bubble bath and then I am going to make him a nice supper of Cornish Game Hens. I don't really want to do stuffing (too much like Thanksgiving) so I am going to try a new recipe for 'spinach balls'. Its made with stuffing mix. They are suppose to be a appetizer but I thought it would be a nice change. I will share that recipe tomorrow on my recipe blog.


Well, I am off to try and edit some new pictures I took. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Take Care,
Debbie


9 comments:

  1. Admitting you have an addiction is the first step...LOL, You are having SO much fun with that and they look wonderful, I love the sparkly flowers too!!!! You are making me want to go mix up a batch......

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh they look so good!

    posted your recipe!

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're making me want to make a batch of dough ornaments ,too! They look great.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie,

    I just love salt dough ornaments! Yours look fantastic....you are very talented! I think my favorites were the pineapples! Did you have a cookie cutter for that or did you do them yourself! I love those!

    Thanks for stopping by and for the sweet comments about Luke!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie,
    I do believe you are addicted!! They look great...and I love the flowers too!!
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie - those ornaments are just beautiful! What a great idea! Thank you for sharing this! Really like those flowers too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have NEVER tried the salt dough but I think after seeing your goodies you've made up I'm gonna hafta' give it a shot ! I'm off this weekend so that might be the perfect time to try it out. Thanks for sharing the recipe Debbie. Oh and those spinach balls sound delish. Will be lookin' for that recipe too! Enjoy your day without the "big kid" lol
    Prim Huggs n Blessins
    TJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great addiction they look so good.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete