Sunday, January 31, 2010

Meet Jamie....

Over the past few weeks I have been playing around with a few ideas that I wanted to incorporate into my blogging. One of those ideas is to 'spotlight' a fellow blogger to you. One thing I love about blogging is that it allows me to meet new people and make new friends everyday. Even better.... I have the opportunity to share them with you!

There are so many wonderful people out there, waiting to be discovered.

This month's featured blogger is Jamie of 'Inspired Mess'.

Jamie and I met a few months ago and in these few short months, I have really come to admire her. She is one of the most inspiring, caring, energetic women I know.... and that is just to list a few of her wonderful qualities!

Jamie lives in Southern Illinois with her husband Brian, raising their three sons. Besides working by day and caring for her family at night, Jamie still finds plenty of time to blog and show off her creativity. She is a woman of many crafting talents.

As if this is not enough, Jamie also started a blog called 'Happy Mail'. Most of us dread going to the mailbox but Jamie had an idea that would allow her followers to do something nice for a fellow blogger. When a follower joins, they fill out a small questionnaire that tells a little bit about themselves. Then, once a month, Jamie matches two people together and over the month, they send each other little cards or notes and at least one small gift. Nothing big, just something to brighten their day. Happy Mail is getting so popular that she has followers from several countries other than the US and Canada.

Something else I admire about Jamie is how open she is about having MS (multiple sclerosis). As many of you know, my husband Wendell also suffers from this disease. I know from experience how hard it has to be for Jamie but despite how she may feel, she is always there to encourage others. She does so much to raise peoples awareness to MS too and accepting donations for 'Shrinking for a Cure'.

I could go on and on about everything Jamie does for others but why don't you go and see for yourself. Tell her Debbie sent you! I know myself and others can safely say that we are truly blessed by knowing her.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoyed my first 'Blogger of the Month' post. I don't claim to be a writer but I did enjoy introducing you all to Jamie. She is such a sweetie.

Take Care,
Debbie xox

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the intro to Jamie ~ what a neat idea for a post. I'm off to visit her now.

    By the way - what a treat to have the cardinals outside your window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie sounds like a wonderful woman and what a cutie she is:) I'll have to go and pay her a visit, thanks for sharing her with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie is amazing!!!! great feature on her :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, thank you so much Debbie!!!! You're making me blush. ;) Thank you so much for your kind words. I appreciate it so much!
    You're the sweetest!
    I hope you're having a wonderful Monday! (I saw on fb that Wendell isn't feeling well today. Hope he feels better very soon!!!!) You just brightened my day so much!!!
    Thank you!!! xoxo -j

    ReplyDelete