Saturday, January 16, 2010

Looking Like Valentines Day....

I love to craft and usually I almost always have some type of project going. Lately it seems like I would come up with plenty of ideas of different things I wanted to try but it seemed impossible to actually get in gear to do them.
Yesterday I got up bright and early.... well maybe not so bright as it was still dark outside and decided I was going to make salt ornies for my prim tree. I did not want to fool around until a week before the holiday and do something like I did at Thanksgiving. I was so pleased with how they turned out.

I even thought about saving them to post on Monday but I was so excited about them turning out I had to show you tonight. I sprayed them with sealer and sprinkled crystal glitter over them and they sparkle so pretty. My picture does not do them justice.

I already hung them on my tree and hopefully tomorrow I will get my zoom lens out and can get some better pictures to show you the finished tree.

I am so ready to do more... I think I will start on St. Patrick's Day and Easter! Maybe do some spring flowers.... oh the possibilities!

Take Care,
Debbie



8 comments:

  1. I LOVE how those turned out Debbie!!!! So cute and fancy too, and the glitter is wonderful! looks like you had fun today:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie these are just adorable!!!
    I can't wait to see them on the tree!
    It's going to look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Debbie!

    Do you decorate a lot round Valentines then?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look amazing Debbie! You have given me all kinds of wonderful idea's. I can't wait to see what you do next.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them, Debbie! Can't wait to see them on your tree!

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Debbie, they turned out sooo....cute!!!

    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, How cute! I've never made anything like this. Is it difficult to master? What recipe do you use? I think it would be a neat project to do with my grandaughter next time she comes to visit. If you don't use a cookie cutter, then how do you shape the? Sorry for so many questions, just new to this.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete