Friday, January 1, 2010

Learning Italian...

Something I have always wanted to learn was Italian. I think this comes from the fact that both of my grandparents on my mom's side came over on a boat from Italy while they were young. Of course I took for granted that I would always take time to learn more from them but it unfortunately did not work out. Grandma has been gone for close to 30 years now and grandpa for almost 25.

Well... for Christmas my husband found this calendar for me so I can now learn a phrase a day!
That is when I got the bright idea that I would share a 'phrase a day' with all my blogging friends. Did I just lose you or does it maybe sound a little bit interesting???? Well if you think it will be fun here we go...
Today's phrase is:
Felice Anno Nuovo!
fell-ee-chay ahn-no new-oh-voh
'Happy New Year!'
Enjoy your day!
Debbie

2 comments:

  1. What a neat idea, learning just one phrase a day would be easier than learning alot in a day, Happy new year Debbie:) P.s...I've really been enjoying looking through your wonderful recipe book, can't wait to try some of them:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. EXCELLENT gift, EXCELLENT idea!
    My Dad's parents were from Italy. My grandfather came to Ellis Island and then my grandma came over as his mail order bride! I would love to learn a phrase or two (or 365) of Italian. I'm going to share this with my daughter-in-law, Johanna. I think she might enjoy learning this too!

    ReplyDelete