Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Sweetie!

I just wanted to start off by saying Happy Birthday to the love of my life. It was 45 years ago today, a baby was born in Perryville, Missouri... He only lived 15 miles away from me but it took 35 years for our paths to cross...



Happy Birthday honey... I love you! Last night I asked him what he wanted for supper and about what kind of cake he would like. I was told he wanted to think about it, so I may be cooking all day. :) That's okay though because its so much more enjoyable when your doing it for those you love.


Yesterday he had me worried. He was in a good mood all day but he was having some issues with balance. Every time he went to stand up or sit down he almost lost his balance. I have noticed this happening a lot more lately and it does worry me. Hopefully we will be able to get him to the doctor for a check-up. He has not been for almost four months now. Say a little prayer if you can.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I spent a few hours Tuesday, organizing photos I had accumulated and burning them to disk. There is always a fear in the back of my mind that I am going to lose them one of these days. I found a lot from when we lived on the farm and caught myself silently crying while I remembered all the good times we had there and the animals I loved and now miss. There were photos from when we first adopted Sasha... boy was she skinny then, and pictures from the last trip I was able to take to California when I stayed with my brother for six weeks. Oh the memories....


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today's Italian phrase is:
Talvolta la vita non 'e giusta.
tahl-volt-ah lah vee-tah non ay jews-tah
Life just isn't fair sometimes.
Its almost kind of funny because I can almost hear my father telling me this during some teenage tantrum I might of thrown growing up. *laughing*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today its suppose to be warm and sunny again. Yesterday I actually sat on the front porch with my camera taking pictures. I felt like one of the cats basking in the sun. Hopefully today between cooking and baking I can sneak outside to soak up some more of it.
Take Care and Stay warm,
Debbie

8 comments:

  1. I hope hubby has a great birthday and I hope he is feeling well soon. Thanks for always leaving me such kind comments.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Memories are a wonderful thing but they can put a longing in our hearts can't they? Kind of bittersweet sometimes!
    I'll keep Wendell in my prayers ~ especially praying that he can see the doctor soon. Happy Birthday to him and tell him that's a nice photo! He looks content! I'm sure he'll be really content after all his birthday food today! Have fun cooking!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your sweetie and I will say an extra prayer for him! Have fun preparing the birthday meal:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Wendell.... Hope he doesnt make you cook too much! You know you are both always in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your sweetie!!!

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo! Happy Birthday to the hubby and tell him welcome to the "old" folks club!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to your DH...I hope he really enjoyed the dinner and cake you made:)

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie,
    Happy Birthday to Wendell. Have fun cooking for him and I know he'll have fun eating it!! Birthday dinners are the best!! Saying a prayer that he is ok and can see his doctor soon.
    hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete