Thursday, December 24, 2009

What A Way To Start The Day...

Usually I wake up around 4 o'clock in the morning but this morning I slept through till 6:45... I was awaken by the sound of something running. I walked all over the house and couldn't figure it out. Then I decided to check the basement. Immediately I heard water rushing in. I flipped on the light and yup... the sump pump was not working.

I had to wake Wendell which I hated to do because he has not been sleeping at all. He jumped up turned off the water and got dressed. It appeared the pump was clogged. Then he noticed that the pressure tank was not kicking on when we did run the water. I don't know what he finally did but right now everything seems to have on again.

It has rained all night here. When you look out my back porch... this is what you see...
The water is rushing through like a creek. I am sure that is one of the reasons we are having problems. In the top picture you can almost see the rusted barrel that covers the top to the septic tank. A month ago we had to pay to get it cleaned out again. (was done at the end of May) Not right, huh? Water is getting into it somehow. This is the field on the side of us. You can see the road on the other side of the tree line. What you can't see is that the ditch is full of water too.
Its definitely going to be one wet Christmas here at the Kiefer's.... Looks like 2010 may find us looking for another place to live. Wish us luck!
Debbie

3 comments:

  1. oh I'm so sorry, Debbie...what a mess ya have to deal with...and right now, of all times!
    I hope evrything works out ok for you guys.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you had to wake up to such a mess! Hope tomorrow is a perfect Christmas for you and your family! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!!!! When I lived at my house we had a leak in our pressure tank then our sump pump wqent down during a huge rain storm. The electric went off so did our sump since we didn't have a battery back up. I hope things get fixed soon.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete