Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Little Christmas Decorations and A Birthday...

Only three shopping days left till Christmas! I hope everyone is ready... unfortunately I am still running behind. I have cookies yet to bake and a few stocking stuffers to buy yet. Hopefully we, meaning Wendell and I, will get most of the baking done. Shopping has to wait until I get my check in the mail for doing the last internship.

In the meantime, I thought I would share a few of my Christmas decorations. I think I have shown this before but I really like the stove, especially with my new stockings! Thank you Rondell! I love them... The other day I braved the cold and clipped branches off the bushes out front. I wanted to bring a little of the outside in since I wasn't able to have a real tree this year. Here are a few little things I came up with.
I have the candles sitting on the coffee table and to everyones surprise, the cats have left it alone.This is the crock I have sitting on the dining room table. When I made the gingerbread men last week, I did some larger ones for bowl fillers. They came in handy and smell so good!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saturday was my daddy's 69th birthday so we made a trip to Chester to visit him. He is always so hard to buy anything but this year at our family reunion I was able to get a couple really cute pictures of him and the little yorkie he babysits for my aunt. They actually share ownership even though 'Itsy' is technically my aunt's dog. Dad 'babysits' her several times a week and whenever he is around, she is in his arms. Wendell and I decided on a mug with their picture on it. Dad is holding Itsy and trying to eat a hamburger and you can see the poor pup just praying a bite will fall her way. He loved it so much he laughed until he cried.
Well, I best go. Its off to the kitchen to bake! Take care and in case I don't get to blog again before Friday...
MERRY CHRISTMAS to you ALL!
Love,
Debbie






















12 comments:

  1. Merry christmas to you and your family Debbie! Everything looks so festive and I love your stockings "drying" by the fire, too cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I just had to post and thank you for the cedar. It brought back childhod memories. My mother used it to decorate with and on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, she would burn a leaf and the smell was so delicious. Of course it was very dangerous to burn it as it flames up so quickly. She always burned it in a huge old pan with a pitcher of water at hand. I hope you and your husband and wonderful family have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you love the stockings Debbie...they look so pretty on your firplace:)

    I also like how you brought in the evergreens, it certainly made everything look so prim.

    Merry Christmas to you and yours,
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stove looks great, love the bowl fillers! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love that stove!! :) We have one like it in my mom and dad's bedroom, it's so cozy! Love the house! Our cat almost got her tail burned! I slapped her! LOL Merry Christmas, to you too!

    Love, Joy =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I like how ya have your stockings displayed!!
    Wishing you and yours a VERY Merry Christmas, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas Debbie. I love your stove and stockings.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bowl fillers and the stocking look great hanging from your stove!!
    Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Debbie...Merry Christmas to you and yours and may you enjoy a wonderful New Year!

    Friends,
    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks great Sis. Lucky the cats havent gotten into it. Harley has chewed most of the leaves on my Poinsetta!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your decorations look wonderful Debbie!

    Merry Christmas to you and your's!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your stove looks wonderful!! Love the stockings on it too. Great that you braved the cold and went out and picked those greens because your arrangements look just great. Love the peppermint striped candle grouping the best. And the gingerbread men

    ReplyDelete