Monday, November 16, 2009

What to do on a rainy day...

I woke up this morning to a rainy day. Even my little feathered friends who play outside my window were no where in site. So what I decided to do was work on one of the new blogs I decided to start. Its a photography blog. I got the idea from Robbie at Robyn Regan Photography . Robby has been my inspiration to dig in and learn how to use my camera. I too figured that some of you may get tired of seeing my pictures of random things so I gave them a home at Goat Creek Photography. I have aspirations of learning how to take better pictures and use Photoshop Elements 8. With luck, I am hoping to take a photography class the next time the school offers it.

If you noticed... I did say I decided to work on one of my new blogs. The other is going to be a strictly cooking/recipe blog. Many friends and family are always asking for recipes and ideas for meals. The plan is to share all new and previously posted recipes plus share new sites I have found along the way. I will let you know when I start posting to it, if you are interested.

Well, I think I will clean up my kitchen, fire up the electric stove and curl up in a chair and read for a while. I haven't done that in a while and as you can see... my stack of books to read is getting pretty big.

Take care all and I hope you all have a wonderful start to the new week.

Debbie

10 comments:

  1. I think that's wonderful that you are going to have a photography blog! Can't wait to check it out! And I'm always in the mood for good recipes - I find some of my best ones from bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to check out your new BLOGS:) Looks like you are all set for some wintertime reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have lots of great reading material! :) Good luck with the new blogs - you are going to be a busy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I will be a visitor to your new blogs, Debbie. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. enjoy your day reading sounds like heaven to me!

    ♥Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of the additional blogs - have fun with them! Enjoy those books too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Debbie - boy, you are a brave soul - keeping up with three blogs. I can barely handle one - hehe. Good luck with them - they sound really intersting. You asked about perserving bittersweet - oh do I wish I knew how. I've never had any luck keeping bittersweet more than one season. Now, I'm not saying it can't be done - maybe google that question and see what you come up with. And if you find the answer - please share. Bittersweet, around here anyway, is getting harder and harder to find from year to year. Everybody cleans out their fence rows and that is where bittersweet seemed to thrive. Good luck searching for the answer. Happy Saturday. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun reading, Deb! I read Backyard Homestead and it's really good. I'm reading Decoding the Lost Symbol right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the new look! It's always nice to play with our blog wardrobe. I would like to curl up and enjoy a book this week, but I'm suppose to be getting ready for a crafts fair on Sat.

    I'm looking forward to your new foodie blog!
    You know cooking is my passion among a few.

    Sweet Thanksgiving Wishes,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Books are piling up here too! How can we catch up :) ? Hope you got to dig into that stack there! And found a good one!

    ReplyDelete