Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sasha goes riding...

I don't know about your neck of the woods but here the caterpillars are on the move. I swear that the other day I counted 100 within a 5 mile stretch of the road. Grandma always said when they were dark, it was a sign of a hard winter.

I found this fuzzy fellow right outside our porch.

Because I think our nice days are numbered Wendell and I decided to take a little drive and to take Sasha with us. Whenever we leave to go somewhere she is always giving us those sad puppy eyes.

All I had to say was lets go bye bye and she was bouncing like Tigger! All over the place!!!

So off to the jeep she went running. I don't think there was anyway would we of gotten her out of there unless she did get to go for a ride somewhere.

One of our favorite things to do is go riding down the county roads. Since we have moved here we never really have gone too far but Wendell had picked up a county road map and off we went. Along the way I spotted some bittersweet.

Being the sweetie that he is, Wendell jumped out and picked some for me. Unfortunately we did not think of bringing some pruning shears with us so he had to break it off for me. I tried to get it myself but I am too short to reach it. It was a stretch for him too!


He promised me that we would go back which is good because I want to fill my crock up with it. Does anyone know an easy way to preserve it?

After about an hour we decided to head home and I swear once she heard those words she was giving us 'those' eyes.


Now what do you say to that face???

I hope all are having a great weekend!

Debbie

4 comments:

  1. AAWWW sasha is sooo cute and she even has her fall scarf on. Nice pics....I havent seen any caterpillars here this year at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, your caterpillar doesn't have much black on it, thats a GOOD thing! Sasha looks excited for her ride, what a lovebug:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bittersweet, so pretty! I like the new look. I am playing with the look of mine, too. I like the yellow background and the picture is very nice!
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bittersweet too ~ I'd love to see a picture of your crock whenit's full of it. How sweet of Wendall to take you back for more!

    ReplyDelete