Saturday, October 24, 2009

Some News, Yummy Pork Tenderloin and New Addictions....

Good morning fellow bloggers. I am so happy to have the next six days off. Its not raining today so Wendell and I are hoping to take a drive and leaf watching. We had our first frost last Saturday and that along with the rain has made the trees beautiful to look at.

Oh... I had some good news this week, at least concerning the job front. My evaluations are in and my first internship is now complete. What does it mean? It means that I can now quit this job and start on my second internship which has been in the works for a while. It won't help us with the problems we are having with Wendell's medicaid but I will be doing something I love at a place I enjoy! I will be working in the Culinary Department at the school where I trained, working with the kids there! I am so excited. The teacher has been trying to get it all together for sometime now and its finally all come together. I will still be getting paid but considerably less but that is okay. I will be helping the second year students get prepared for a competition in baking.

In order to celebrate I decided to cook a good meal for Wendell last night. Last Friday I was watching Rachael Ray and she stuffed a pork tenderloin. I thought "I can do that!". I didn't use what she did for stuffing though, I cheated and used a box stuffing. I wanted to add some cheese and pecans but my pecans had some issues so I just used the stuffing.

After pounding out my frustrations on the poor thing I put in the stuffing and then rolled it up and tied it with string. I put in on my broiler pan and set it in a 400 degree oven till it reached 165 degrees. It didn't take long, less than 30 minutes and let me tell you it was so good! You could cut it with a fork. I will definitely be trying this again using my original plans for stuffing. As Rachael would say, it was YUMMO!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, I mentioned new addictions. Actually there is only one as I have always been addicted to trying to take good pictures. Here is a picture of the sunrise last week. I thought it was nice because you could see the fog in the fields.

This is my latest addiction. Its called Cafe World. Its on Facebook and I play it almost more than Farm Town now. Who would of thought that would ever happen? I told my husband if I can't own and operate my own place in real life, I will in virtual reality! *laughing* Anyone else play?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday I came home from school to find these sitting on my kitchen counter. The first words out of my mouth were 'What did you do?'.... Apparently that was not the thing to say because it upset someone.

He told me that things have been so stressful that he wanted to do something to show me that he loved me for helping him through it. Now how, do I ask you, can I be mad at him for spending money on flowers?

Well that is about it for now. Guess I will leave you with one last picture of the guest I had yesterday afternoon. My computer sits in front of a big window in the dining room. I was not really happy with having to put it there because there are two overgrown bushes sitting right in front of it but who would of thought I would get to see nature up close and personal. Not a day goes by that I don't enjoy all the birds that live in those bushes. Well, yesterday I had a 'peeper'! It was right on the screen staring!


I wonder if its one of the baby mantis that we had all over the front porch this summer. It was probably at least a good 5 inches long! Eew....

Well take care my friends and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! *hugs*

Take Care,

Debbie

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 2nd internship! That pork looked wonderful! (I always prefer the box stuffing, homemade stuffing has never been something I've been able to master!) Your hubby is a sweetie for getting you those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmyyyyy I want food now! Ok what happened to the pecans? Did the ones on the trees harvest ok? Flowers are very pretty...yup just when you wanna kill them for something...they bring flowers! its like they know....LOL! Have a great weekend Sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie,

    Your roast does look delicious! I'm happy you will be doing something you love even if it is less money. sometimes being happy makes us richer than the money its self. You sound so much happier this post and the flowers are gorgeous! Way to go Wendell!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news about the internship and what fun to be working with students!
    I think it was so sweet of Wendell to get those beautiful roses for you and what a wonderful dinner you made for him!

    ReplyDelete