Monday, October 19, 2009

My Fall Ornies, Sasha and Other Pictures...

Good Morning! Its a beautiful day here in Missouri. I can see the wind blowing from my window but the weatherman assures us that we are going to reach the low go's today. Will be a nice change, especially from yesterday morning when I was scraping the frost from my windshield at 4 a.m.

I figured I would share my latest project with you. Remember my prim tree that I got a month ago? Well I have been trying to make a few ornaments with felt for it. I want to try and do some for each holiday. This is what I have come up with so far. I have a few other designs in mind. I just have to sit down and draw out my pattern and sew.

I am really pleased with the way they are turning out despite my confusion on the candy corn ornie! *laughing* It just goes to show you not to work on something when your half asleep! :) I apparently thought the yellow came before the orange. Oh well, this is for my tree and hopefully nobody will think anything of it, right?

Here is the tree close up. I just fell in love with the tin stars and rusty looking bells. I figured I could keep them on there all rear round practically.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have always been fascinated with taking pictures and lately, thanks to a blogging buddy named Robby, I am. She really has been sharing a lot of great pictures. She has truly inspired me.

Here is a picture of Wendell's baby (really mine but don't tell him), Sasha. We adopted Sasha four years ago from the local Humane Shelter. She is an Australian Shepard/Lab mix. We absolutely love her and don't know what we would do without her. We were walking out in the yard and she posed for this great picture. I think it is the best one I have ever taken of her. Wendell had me get an enlargement of it to hang on the wall with the rest of our kids pictures.

There are several different birds around us out here in the country. When we first moved, we were afraid that we would never see another bluebird like we did at the old farm. Well this little guy proved to us that we still can enjoy them here too!


During the summer we can always hear a woodpecker in the distance but I had yet to actually see him till last Sunday. Sitting on the telephone pole big as life and surprisingly not making a hole! *laughing*


This little guy surprised me the most. With the temperatures dropping and it getting so cold I had figured that these guys were gone. Apparently not... I am slowly taking down the feeders to get ready for winter. I am thinking maybe I should go ahead and just remove all of them so he can migrate to a warmer climate for the winter. I am surely going to miss them. they gave us a lot of entertainment this summer.


Well, I guess that is all for now. Wendell just called me and is on his way home from school. He got out early because one of his professors was ill. I think we are going to mail off his application to the drug company that makes his Copaxone and maybe take a drive... with the camera of course!

Take Care and I hope everyone is having a great Monday!

Debbie

13 comments:

  1. I love your new ornies! They look great on your prim tree!! And I feel the same way about photography. I wish I was better at it but it's fun taking pictures at different angles/lighting. It takes a lot of practice, that's for sure! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fall ornaments! I wouldn't have remembered that the orange came before the yellow on the candy corn either. Beautiful dog - love the markings on her face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie,
    Looks like you're making a lot of progress on your tree. I love the felt ornaments - and I prefer your candy corn version!

    The photo of Sasha is beautiful ~ I can see why Wendell wanted it framed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ornies turned out wonderful and I love them on your tree! I love Sasha too, what a special girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Fall ornies that you made for your tree.
    Great photos that you've been taking!! Love the one of Sasha...just beautiful!!
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  6. AAWWWWW Sashie...*Aunt Holli* misses you!!!

    Love the ornies Sis...they look great on your tree!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debbie... Your ornaments for your tree are delightful. They look great!

    The pictures are very good. Your dog is pretty. I have been taking a ton of pictures lately, too. I really enjoy it! I just sent my sisters pics of our vacation and they thought they were especially good.

    Take care, Debbie
    Friends,
    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your prim tree and fall ornaments you did a great job on them, we had a woodpecker the other day here but he was on a tree:)
    Have a great day, it's going to be 65 today!!!
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for the compliments. I have four more designs I hope to try tonight after I get home from school. Hopefully I will have more to share in the next day or two.

    Take Care all!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow your ornies are fantastic!!
    It all looks terrific when hung on the tree...
    And A woodpecker!!
    We do not get them here in Australia...But how cute are they???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Debbie, I'm loving the ornaments!! Can't wait to see what else you come up with.
    Sasha is absolutely gorgeous...such a kind ole face.
    Take care,
    Cath

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your fall ornaments are great and I love your photos!

    ReplyDelete