Monday, October 26, 2009

A Beautiful Weekend...

It was so nice this weekend despite the wind but at least it was not raining. Wendell and I decided to take a road trip and ended up in Fairview Heights, Illinois. I took my camera but the few pictures I got were not that good thanks to the nose prints Sasha had left on the window. Oh well... I did manage one.

Besides just taking ride, we wanted to go check out a few of the stores there for a heater. Last year we passed up buying one and when we went back it was gone. We wanted one that actually looked like a stove. Well we looked all over and finally we found the mother load of electric heaters at the Home Depot.

At first we had a hard time deciding because they even had some that looked like little mini-fireplaces. Very nice but they wanted a lot more for them than what we had to spend on one. I finally decided on this one!

Doesn't it look like the real thing? It even crackles like a real fire. I had to do a little talking to Wendell because they had one that looked like mahogany that Wendell wanted but I told him that we should go with the black because it looked so much more realistic. Now all I need is a little bit of flooring and a faux stovepipe!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There isn't a whole lot going on today. I actually have a day with no classes so I stayed home and typed up a report Wendell needs for his Animal Science class. Well.... I guess you could say I basically wrote it. I read what he had put together and there was no way I could let him turn it in. I know I should of just typed what he wrote but I want him to at least pass this class. He is so excited about school despite all the trouble he has been having with Algebra. I guess I am afraid of what will happen with him if he fails and they discontinue his grant.

Well I am off to clean house and make meatloaf. I hope you all are having a great Monday!

Take Care,

Debbie

8 comments:

  1. LOL...that looks alot like my stove heater I got at Home Depot about a month ago, and I wondered how a fake stove pipe would look on mine too, sounds like we are kindred spirits:)If you put one on, please show us how it turns out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe your right Carmen. I noticed that when I was reading through your blog this morning. I was reading another blog this morning and the lady has an electric stove too. I will try to get the site for you to look at.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your comment! Please send me an e-mail at jamie_habermaas@yahoo.com. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new stove, Debbie. Our daughter and son-in-law have one similar to that. It is wonderful. They like it very much.

    Friends,
    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the heater - how well is it working? a little faux stovepipe would be cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that black stove/fireplace heater! I have an electric fireplace at my cabin - we can turn the heater on and off. It's so nice to look at! Glad you are able to enjoy one too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debbie ~ Love your new stove! It's going to look great with a bit of floor around it and the stove pipe! I might have to look into some kind of electric stove...nothing like a "cracklin' fire"!

    PS. Hmmmm ~ meatloaf!

    ReplyDelete