Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What A Week...

Its been crazy, I tell ya! Trouble started on Friday when Wendell didn't get his medication shipment. He had called the pharmacy on Wednesday and they set it up for delivery on Friday like they normally do. It was suppose to be delivered to us by FedEx on Friday, before 6:00 pm. Well... 6:00 pm comes and goes. Around 7:00 pm Wendell gets on the phone and calls the pharmacy and they tell him that they have switched distributors and no longer take Medicaid so he won't be getting his shipment. Its Friday night, his doctor is not in the office and he can't reach them till Monday so he left a message on their phone and stewed about it. He had one injection left and had no way of getting more till the doctor could be reached.

It was such a long weekend and both of us were doing some praying that his missing the injections wouldn't put him back in the hospital. Luckily it all worked out and he finally received his medication yesterday evening.

I was off this weekend but still had two cakes to make for a baby shower. I was happy with how they turned out. On the first one I would of loved to have actually put some plastic decorations to give it a little more of a 3-D look but the customer was already getting a bargin on them. Wendell complains that I don't charge enough when I do them. He is right because when I priced the sheet cakes at Wal-Mart, I was shocked to see that they get $20.00 for a cake half the size of what I charge the same amount for. I keep telling him its just a hobby and a way for extra money but he is right. I need to do some re-figuring.




Of course after baking cake for someone else, I hear the complaint of how we didn't have any thing sweet to snack on. I think it is his way of hinting that he wants me to bake him another cake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday on the way home from church we saw an old farmer, parked on the side of the road, picking wildflowers. I was touched by watching him and of course my husband is next to me wondering what the heck he is doing. Some men have no sense of romance. I just looked at him and said that I imagine his wife is going to get a sweet surprise. All I got for a response is 'ya.... I guess your right.' Men!


Well, I best go. I have a lot of homework to do before next Monday and since I have to work all weekend I had better get it done. Wish me luck because I have to study for my first psychology exam too. Monday I had a test in my microcomputer course and it wasn't pretty. Thankfully I wasn't the only one having problems and the teacher is letting us re-test tomorrow.

Take care and keep blogging!

Debbie








4 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhh Debbie, the cakes are beautiful!!! You have a gift, my friend!
    Cath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie...thank Heavens that the meds finally arrived and everything was okay. Good luck with the exam. You can do it all...I just know it. Sounds like you must be very organized with your time. Goodness, those cakes are so pretty. I'm sure everyone thought they were delightful and delicious!

    Take car....

    Friends,
    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cakes are beautiful. I am so glad your hubby got his meds. That's what scares me about using the mail service even if it is cheaper.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie,
    The baby cakes are beautiful!! Your work is wonderful!!
    Glad to hear that your hubby got his meds...that can be scary when you need to take them and can't.

    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete