Thursday, September 24, 2009

Welcome Fall...

I have been reading about everyone decorating for fall and it has me in the mood to do the same. Unfortunately I don't have a lot to work with but I am planning a trip to Hobby Lobby next payday. In the meantime, Wendell got me a scarecrow for the yard. Well... all I can say is she is doing a wonderful job.

Imagine if you will walking outside about 4:30 in the morning. Its pitch black outside and you can barely see your hand in front of your face. Your feeling your way down the front porch stairs... look up only to see someone standing right there in front of you! That is how I felt the other morning when I was leaving for work. My sweet little scarecrow scared the 'you know what' out of me. After my heart started back up, I laughed all the way to work.

Other than that, I don't have much more to report. I did go outside and check the watermelons yesterday. Boy is it getting big! I can't wait to try it.

I hope you all are having a great Thursday!

Take Care,

Debbie

6 comments:

  1. Awww she is cute sis!! I think you should take your prim tree and decorate it with things that are drying up outside! Did you ever get Wendell the bring that box in we found to put on the diningroom table?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie that is funny. Would of scared me to. I haven't decorated yet either. Oh well..Isn't it nice to have home grown food. We planted one tomato plant and have had them all summer. Yum..I bet your watermelon will be awesome. I love those.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm! Home grown watermelon...sounds scrumptious!
    I am laughing my butt off with your scarecrow story!
    I can definately see that happening to me too!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie,
    Love the scarecrow!! Too cute!! Sorry, but I had to giggle when you said it scared you.

    hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbie,
    Love the scarecrow, and yes I had to chuckled too :) sorry it "scared" ya...but that's what "scare"crows are s'posed to do-right?! hehe

    have a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, but she looks so friendly! She looks like she'd say, oh just come on in! :) I can imagine how she scared you forgetting she was there! That's funny! I can imagine you laughing all the way to work!

    Colt would love to come over to see you....home grown watermelons...his favorite! :)

    Have a great weekend!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete