Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A New Recipe, A Test Subject and Some Holiday Decorating Plans...

Good morning everyone!

The first thing I would like to do is thank those of you who responded to my post yesterday. I was feeling extremely low and it helped to hear your words of comfort and support. As I have said many times... I don't know what I would do without you all. Right now, we are still trying to figure out what we are going to do about the entire situation but I can tell you that I am trying to 'give it all' to the Lord. He has helped us numerous times before and I know he will again. This Italian girl just has to be patient.... (I don't think that word is in the Italian dictionary! lol) Now on to the post I had meant for yesterday!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since I mentioned being Italian, I thought I would share a recipe for a quick pasta salad that we enjoy. Takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and I think its yummy!

INGREDIENTS:

1 box of Bow tie Pasta
1 medium size Green Pepper
1 box Grape/Cherry Tomatoes
1 lb. Button Mushrooms
Olive Oil
Red Wine Vinegar
Garlic Salt
Oregano
Parmesan Cheese, grated
Salt
Pepper

Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. While this is cooking cut your tomatoes in half, slice mushrooms and slice/cut green pepper into 1 1/2 inch pieces.

Drain pasta and put into a large bowl with your vegetables for mixing. Drizzle with olive oil and red wine vinegar, then sprinkle the garlic salt, oregano, salt, pepper and Parmesan Cheese. I don't have exact measurements for the salt and spices as I keep going until it taste just right. (Know what I mean?)

It taste great warm or cold.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I mentioned in the past, I am taking a psychology course which is 'Psychology During The Lifespan'. It ranges from birth to death. Well one of my requirements is to do three papers. One of the different stages of life. My first paper is due next Tuesday and I am doing it on toddlers and who better to have as my test subject but Jaygen.

I bravely called his daddy last week and asked if I could borrow 'the monkey' for the weekend. I didn't have to beg at all. We agreed that I would pick him up around 1:00 pm on Saturday and keep him overnight.

When I got there Saturday he was outside riding his tricycle. I almost cried. This time last year he was just pulling himself up on the furniture. I can't believe he is going to be two in November already. Now that he has wheels there is no stopping him. *laughing*


A visit wouldn't be complete without visiting the animals that they raise. I didn't get pictures of the rabbits or great danes but I did make it inside to visit the birds. This is a picture of my son, Jared with two of his 'babies'. They love him but not so much me. He swore up and down, Lokey, the pretty one with the orange feathers was friendly but when he tried to pass him over to me, the little snot bit me! Its safe to say I won't fall for that trick again.


chinchillas and a few different breeds of fish. Jared has always loved animals and luckily he found a girl who loves them just as much. My only complaint was the feeling of being watched while I was there. Must of been all those beady little eyes staring at me from the back corner of the room.


They raise rats too! *shivers*

After about an hour Jaygen and I took off to go see Paw Paw. When we got there he decided to play shy and would not look at Wendell at all. He kept raising his arm up to cover his eyes. By the end of the evening though he was talking to him and actually sharing his trucks.


It was a good visit but it was tiring on both of us. He played on his three-wheeler and sat like this for a good five minutes. I thought he had fallen asleep but apparently he was just re-charging!

I managed to get a good four pages of notes to do my paper on but then I had a great test subject.

Do you remember how I was stressing over the big test we took last week??? Well I got my grade last night and apparently I remembered more than I thought I did. I made an A on it! *big sigh of relief*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During the weekend I did sneak in a trip to Hobby Lobby in hopes of finding something to decorate my prim tree with. I did pick up a few items but only because they were 50 and 40% off. I fell in love with the tree topper Wendell picked up.


I also picked up some small pumpkins and a few stars and bells. The tree still looks bare so I figured I would try making a few felt ornies on my own for it. Now I just have to find a few pictures for inspiration. Any suggestions?


Wendell thought I was crazy the other night for turning on the tree lights while watching the television. I can't explain to him the feeling of peace I get from the glow of the tree. Anyone know what I mean? Maybe that's why I love decorating my Christmas tree every year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since it was such a rough few days, I decided that I was going to take a 'mental health' day tomorrow. A day just for me! I'm not doing anything but craft. What you ask??? Maybe this will give you a hint.


Yup... I am going to try and make some fall ornies for the tree! Wish me luck. I have never done the blanket stitch and hopefully I'll get it figured out and won't have to rip up too much.

Well, I need to scoot. I have my computer class tonight and have to figure out a few lessons on Excel. Take care and thank you again for being here! *big hug*

Debbie

2 comments:

  1. I love the tree top!!! Im sure you will do just fine making the ornaments...you are so talented like that! I need a mental health day too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually came across a really nice website Spacify.com that has a huge variety of Italian Furniture with really good prices.

    ReplyDelete