Thursday, July 2, 2009

MIA...

thanks to the darn field mice. Apparently they were hungry and decided to chew up the phone lines down the road. Of course the ones they destroyed were ours. I have been suffering some serious blogger withdrawl! *laughing*

Oh well, it did force me to get some yardwork done and finish another painting project. Wendell has been wanting a jar for his loose tea so on a trip to Wal-Mart I picked up this 'cracker' jar. Despite the fact that it won't match anything in the kitchen, I still love painting Americana.







We did get a welcomed cool front Tuesday so I was able to turn off the window air unit. I hate running that thing. Today our high is only suppose to reach 81 with a breeze. I can live with this! :) Bad news is that they are predicting rain tomorrow and most of the weekend. I have been wanting rain but was looking forward to a family get-together on Saturday. Its been so long since our family has been able to do something like that. Oh well.... we may have to dig up our canapy and take it along.

I hope your all having a good week and have a wonderful holiday.

Take care and Be Safe,

Debbie


4 comments:

  1. I love what you did w/ these cracker jars! They make me smile!! I think we're going to have rain in northern michigan on Saturday too unfortunately. Here's hoping the weatherman is wrong!! Have a great 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that jar!!! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie,
    We don't have problems with mice chewing our phone lines...it's squirrels!! We finally went all wireless for our home phone because we got tired of having no phone.
    Love the painting you did on the jar!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete