Sunday, July 5, 2009

Coffee Cake Anyone???

Friday I was just a baking machine, making three different desserts. Yesterday I shared my 'Turtle Cake' recipe and today I am going to share my 'Streusel Coffee Cake'. My family really seemed to love this one so I hope you will like it too.

Streusel Coffee Cake



Ingredients:

Topping

1 cup - All-Purpose Flour

1 cup - Lt. Brown Sugar, packed

1/2 cup - Butter, softened

1 tsp - Cinnamon

1/2 cup - Pecans, chopped

Cake

1 cup - Butter, softened

3/4 cup - Lt. Brown Sugar,packed

1/2 cup - Granulated Sugar

2 - Large Eggs

1 1/2 tsp - Vanilla Extract

2 Cups - All-Purpose Flour

1 tsp - Baking Powder

1/4 tsp - Salt

1/3 cup - Milk

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

Make the topping first by combining the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and softened butter into a mixing bowl. Using a pastry cutter, work the ingredients until the mixture has the consistancy of moist sand. Next you will mix in the chopped pecans. Set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until smooth and fluffy.

Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well.

In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Next, add this dry mixture to the moist, a little at a time.

Add milk and mix well.

Pour the batter into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish that has been buttered and dusted with a light coating of flour.

Sprinkle the crumb topping over the batter. Be sure it is covered completely.

Bake for 50 minutes or until the edges just begin to brown. Allow to cool befor serving.



I so wish I had my own little bakery where I could try selling these. The only 'bakeries' we have around here are in one of the local grocery stores, Wal-Mart and Sam's. There is one donut place but I don't actually consider it a bakery since that is all they do. Until that dream comes true I will just have to be satisfied baking for family and friends.

Hope you all enjoy!

Debbie






2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to try making this next week when we're at the cabin! Sounds so good!! I hope you have your bakery one day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing! :) Thank you for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete