Monday, June 29, 2009

Weekend Projects

Since it was so hot this weekend, I stayed indoors and finished up a couple painting projects. I tried to take a few pictures but they kept coming out blurry. I don't know what's wrong with the camera except I need a better one someday.

My first piece was a jam jar I had sitting around. Of course I had to decorate it with sunflowers.

My next project is a little metal pot. I really wished the camera would of cooperated because it looks much better than the pictures let on.




I have a larger jar that I plan on using for tea started. Hopefully this week I will get it finished. We'll have to see...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This morning I woke up and had a pleasant surprise when I opened the front door to let Sasha out to potty. It was only 64 degrees! I actually turned off the air conditioner and opened a few windows. According to the weatherman we have a cool front coming through. Its actually suppose to get down into the 50's tonight. What a blessing it will be to keep the air off for a while. I have high hopes of getting into the garden. The weeds have taken over!

Other plans today include figuring out what to make for supper and deciding on a special dessert and covered dish for a family get-together on the 4th. We rarily have the chance for family gatherings it seems so this one will be a lot of fun. I haven't seen my Aunt and cousins for almost a year.

Well I am off! If I don't get started now, things won't get done. I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

Take Care,

Debbie

6 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie...you are an excellent painter. Your projects are very neat. See, maybe you could sell some things.

    Wonder what "dish" you will be making for the 4th of July?

    Friends,
    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you paint as well as you always have! Im envious! I love both of them!Its a little cooler here today but...RAINING!! Just watering the weeds in my graden so they will grow faster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's supposed to be cooler here this week, too, and I hope so! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! They look great! You can paint and cook.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a little cooler here today and it was very welcomed by me! :)

    You can paint! I'm very impressed! Your projects look great!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it nice to open the windows and give the air conditioner a break?! That's what we're doing now but it we're planning on it getting hot. :)

    You are a wonderful painter! I am super impressed! I love to paint as well but I'm not that good!

    ReplyDelete