Sunday, June 7, 2009

Trying to be creative...

I have been 'itching' to do a little painting but trying to hard to find a bit of inpiration. This is what I finally came up with. I am not 100% happy with it but I think it will look much better once I come up with an old frame for it.

I went through the house looking for things I want/hope to use for an arrangement or two in the kitchen. These are the items I came up with. You all will probably recognized them.


The wooden rooster that Holli from Where the Rooster Crows brought me when she stayed here on her vacation. I have hopes of finding some sweet annie and some sunflowers to wrap in the fabric along the spindle. So far, no luck with finding the sweet annie.


Then there is the large crock Wendell found in the shed. There is a smaller one too but there is a piece of wire wrapped around the top that looks to be holding it together. I am afraid if I remove it, it will fall apart.


Then there are my two bowls. The one on the shelf below is actually small enough to fit inside of the larger one.


I am really lacking when it comes to decorating know how. I see pieces that I know I love and like but have no clue when it comes to arranging them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday we worked around in the garden since it is so nice outside. The weeds are so thick out there. I don't know if it will be a mistake or not but Wendell got the idea to get a little mulch and go around the tomatoes. He hopes it will cut down on some of the weeding. We will see.

I ran to the garden center and picked up a few herbs too. I am dying to have my own fresh basil, oregano, cilantro, etc. to cook with. I also found a few cucumber seedlings to plant which will be done today.

Well, its time to head over to church. I hope you all have a pleasant Sunday. Take care,

Debbie



6 comments:

  1. I love your painting! :) Aren't fresh herbs wonderful? We grow a lot of our own herbs here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What neat items! Nice blog, I found it from the Johnson family farm blog and of course the "goat" in the name caught my eye. We raise Boer goats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that crock and the bowls!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did the painting? You are a girl of many talents...that is for sure. It is very nice.

    Must have been fun to find the bowls!

    Friends, Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from Australia, I just love your blog and the stories you have written about I see we have the same passions for vintage and will enjoy visiting you over and over again to share our "finds" from one grandmother to another! hello!

    Lee-ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that painting is wonderful! Love those crocks too!!!

    P.S. My email is shelleyupnorth at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete